cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can anyone help me out with this? Points will be rewarded.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am looking for the workflow of SME( Subject Matter expert).

the role Expert within the collaboration Rooms, if allocated to a member, will be notified if any documents have been uploaded to the library and will need to validate the doc before the doc is seen by all members of the room, this functionality should already exist and should only need switching on.

Can you please help me in implementing this functionality

thanks

Santosh

Edited by: Santosh Kumar Adapa on Jan 16, 2008 1:39 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

I have never worked on Collaboration but done similar functionality in KM.

You can configure the KM notification process.

The document will surely be uploaded in a km repository.

1)You activate the repository manager's state management, properties and svc_acl service.

2)The go to repositories details?settings>approval and configure approval steps for the repository.

3)Set the permissions for the repository as per ur requirement.

Then ur desired functionality will be achieved.

PLease see this link.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/db/a4bf4db1d011d5993800508b6b8b11/frameset.htm

I hope it helps.

Regards,

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

Thanks a lot for ur reply, but the client requirement which i face now requires this approval process to be automated as n whn the room is created and not as a periodic process which is as now with SAP.

And moreover i need to make a custom Expert Role for this approval process and i need to add it to approval process but it doesnt add roles against to only users now.

I am thinking of developing something from a scratch to customise this process .

Will be helpful if you can suggest me in this regard.

Thanks for ur reply again.

Sunny.

Answers (0)