cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can any one explain what is a Measure in Analytic View .

former_member199126
Participant
0 Kudos

Hie,

When we create an analytic view, in the output page, there is somehting called Measures. We should add some currency values to that measure while we create the view. If not we are not able to activate the analytic view.

i was not able to add anything other than the currency value to that measure.

Can any one explain things about the measure and what is does ?

View Entire Topic
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthikeyan,

Measure is the numeric values of the table on which you have to perform necessary operations and calculations or which will give you the required result in report. For more detail you can use this link

http://help.sap.com/hana/hana1_model_en.pdf

you can select any numeric value as measure not only currency value.

-Ruchi

former_member199126
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you ruchi , I was a new to this HANA and the terms are a bit confusing,I got clarified on the same.....

Adding to that , i want to ask you is it mandatory to specify a measure in an analytic view?

Coz when i missed that, there was an error in acticvasion.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthikeyan,

Ya it is mandatory to add measure in an analytic view because Analytic view will create a cube and for cube it is very necessary some numeric term should be there for calculations.

like if we have SALES data then we have to put PROFIT, QUANTITY, INCOME as measure.

-Ruchi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Karthik,

If have nothing to "Measure" what are we going to analyze using the "dimensions" . That is why it was "Measure" was made mandatory for creation of analytic view.

Hope this clarifies.

Regards,

Avinash