Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

calculate project revenue

ypinchuk
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

What could be the best way to calculate Project Revenue as a calculated measure in SAC?

I have a project of several months duration. For each month I have monthly incurred income, but I have to recognize Revenue only at the last month as a sum of all incurred income during the time.

Below is an illustration of the required result:

ypinchuk_0-1707410451741.png

While trying to find a solution I faced two challenges:

1) how to find the last (required) month - I cannot use a property in the project dimension pointing out the month of revenue recognition,

2) how to calculate the total sum of the deferred income

Many thanks

View Entire Topic
N1kh1l
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

@ypinchuk 

how to find the last (required) month - I cannot use a property in the project dimension pointing out the month of revenue recognition, -  Why attribute cannot be used should also be told. Well if not attribute then use fact data to recognize the end month. Post a value of 1 into the project last month. This way you can change it also dynamically. Use a specific intersection for this with a dedicated Account member.

Once you have the last month of the project just sum all the months till that month of deferred income into revenue account. You might need a loop on project with a IF check

Br.

Nikhil