cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calculate key figures totals in report based in multiprovider doesn't work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi dear Friends:

We have a requirement where the data are in 2 different cubes, the layout defined is

selections parameters :

Zsales_offices

0calweek

Columns.

0calweek KFCalc1..............................KFcalc2.....................etc.

In rows.

01.2007 Qty on demand X unit cost. sum of all qty's prods

the structure in cube z1mis contain:

Zsales_offices,product,0calweeek,unit cost.

the Second cube structure zdemand contain:

Zsales_office, product,0calweek,qty on demand

Our problem is:

1. As you can see we need keep into KFcalc1 the product from multiply Qty on demand * unit cost but when the result is displaying the result is a wrong amount and the reason is because didn't´t exist a characteristic product in the layout, without this characteristic the amount for qty on demand and unit cost are summarized and multiplying with these amounts.

We are trying to find a solution vía restricted key figures, calculating before aggregation, but it's not woks.

I hope that you can give one suggestion.

Regards.

Eg@n

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184494
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

EG@n,

did you try using the before aggregation option for the CKF ?

Arun

P.S would be better if you used a name instead of EG@n - sounds kinda wierd... or atleast sign off on your post with a name..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Arun for your contribution is very helpful, I´ll post your points.

Regards.

E.

P.S. I didn't understand what means Kinda weird. I supposes that is not a good word, so leave it.

former_member184494
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Excuses on Kinda Wierd ... I was referring to typing out Eg@n at the start of the message and especially so when you try to keep updated on the post and keep up the replies... no offence meant...

Arun

And also when you have spellcheck enabled on the browser - it shows up in red as an invalid mail address!!!

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

-thanks all.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

putting product in the rows will slove the issues as the unit cost depends upon the prdoduct and therefore it will uniquely identify each of the material and then it will get multiplies with the qty and therefore you will get the correct result.

this kind of issue you will always face when you are going to multiply cost with the Qty and as the cost differ with the individual material.

Also putting material into the rows will cause the no. of rows to increase as all the materials will show up in the individual rows for the particular month.

Also you can make a claculated key fgure for the multiplication and use before aggregation.

But for that your both the key figures should be in the same cube i.e. in the same rows or the before aggregation will not work you will not even get an option of before aggregation in the CKF if the key figures belong to two different cubes.

Since your qty and cost are coming from two different cubes before aggreagtion will not work here.

And if you do before aggregation then you report will become quite slow as it will do all the multiplication anf then will bring the result.

So it depends on your requirement and your design how to proceed.

Hope it helps

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Eg@n,

If possible use the product in rows. It should solve your problem.