cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAC1 and multiple user entries

Former Member
0 Kudos

We enter time daily in CAT2 for 100 people on 9 hour days; Multiple transactions are needed for each employee in production. Approximately 35 different work orders per day;  We cannot use multiple entries; We enter one employee at a time.; Would Multiple Entries permissions benefit the time keeper?

Does anyone have a screen shot of a multiple entry screen?

I believe we need CAC1 to authorize multiple permissions but we didn't purchase it, I believe.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

To allow multiple entries in CAT2, make the following changes to the relevant profile in CAC1:

1) In the Person selection section, select the checkbox 'Enter for several personnel nos'

2) Select either of the radio buttons (Time admin, org. unit, cost center, selection report) depending on how the multiple employees should be selected.

If using the selection report option, specify the report name RPLFST01.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for responding. We aren't authorized. Someone made the decision years ago. I would like to see a screen shot of multiple user entries to see if requesting it is worth it. Can excel files be uploaded into multiple user entries? Can different personnel numbers with different work orders be entered on the one screen? These are some of the questions?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've attached a screenshot when we use the selection report option. Basically, you execute a report to select the employees based on various criteria.

Alternatively, you can select employees based on CC, org unit or time admin.

I haven't come across an excel upload option.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Very good. I am getting somewhere. Is there one screen that I can enter the attached data without having to back out for every change of person number?

For instance, the attached excel sheet. Could I type in this data without having to back out of the screen for every line of data if I was typing it into CAT2 multiple person entry?

Former Member
0 Kudos

TANIA! Also, THANK YOU VERY MUCH for the screen shots

Former Member
0 Kudos

You're welcome! Attaching two more screenshots

1) The list of employees gets selected based on the selection values entered earlier. The user can either select some or all of these and proceed to the data entry screen by clicking the Change icon.

2) The data entry screen depends on your configuration in CAC1. So in my screenshot you will see just a few columns because I have hidden most of the others. But to answer your question, yes, whatever you fill up for individual employees can be entered at one go for multiple employees on this screen since there is a new Personnel number column. So from your input file, the first 3 columns are available, I could not understand the last two.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Tania. Your help was outstanding! That's very encouraging. I think I need to find an organization in the North East USA that uses this function. Our organization did not purchase it. I need to get in and use it to see if I can use it for production employees.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You're welcome!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is this a Workflow question?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm sorry. I'm not as skilled in SAP as anybody in these forums. I tagged workflow as a stab at the area. We enter time into CATS. We can only do single entry. What does multiple entry look like?

ronen_weisz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

try posting your question in

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you. I will.