cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BW730 - Customer Exit Variable not working in BW workbooks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a customer exit in place for a variable ZFISCYEAR and 0FISCPER in the query designer. [BW730 SP10]. The requirement is that the default value which should appear, for these variables should be of the previous year. This works fine when I am directly running the query in BEx Analyzer.

For example: When one runs a report in year 2014, he should see a value of 2013.

However when I run the work book for the same query, the value which comes for the variable is the value present in the Workbook, at the time of saving it.

If the Workbook was saved in the 2014 and when I run the report get value 2014 and not 2013. Same problem for 0FISCPEAR.

Workbook select "Refresh workbook on Open" and in the table RSADMIN insert the parameter RSPLF_RESET_VAR_CONT with VALUE = X.

Thanks!!

PS

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

In the Query Designer options: "Refresh dynamically" / "Refresh as designed"  in section "Refresh Variable" in the advanced tab of characteristic properties.

Select: Refresh as Designed, the system refreshes the workbook or Web application using the hierarchy and filter settings from Query Designer.

Thanks!

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

sander_vanwilligen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Said,

Can you please confirm if my reply of  Feb 8, 2014 12:17 AM is clear?

If not, please let me know how I can help you further.

Thanks,

Sander

sakthi_ss
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Said

1) Try to activate Refresh option (as Sander van Willigen specified).

2) Same fiscal year -1 could be achieved without Customer exit also.

You set an offset of -1 for a fiscal year input variable in the queries global filter area.

Regards,

Sakthi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Said,

Can you please uncheck "Process variable on refresh" in workbook setting and then try.

Regards

Pradeep

fcorodriguezl
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, this is not working right in workbooks. For this you need to make an addition to loading the user exit woorkbook to take the values ​​of the variable. I do not remember the name of the exit, I investigated. a greeting.

sander_vanwilligen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Said,

Maybe I don't get the point but I would suggest to:

• Delete data from the query;
  • Activate Refresh option for the respective query upon opening in the workbook;
  • Save the workbook.

Best regards,

Sander