cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BW3.5 : Activated BC but Infoobject not available/visible in RSA1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a peculiar issue now. I have activated Business content several times and haven't come across this issue ever.

I have activated RPM business content ( 2 CUBES and 2 ODS object) in 'Dataflow Before and Afterwards' thereby activating the infoobjects as well. Now when I go to RSA1 --> Infoprovider I can see those activated Cubes and ODSs, However none of the info objects are available/visible when I go to RSA1 > Infoobjects. However those Info object are correctly being displayed by the transaction RSODCUBE> Info object--> Display

Have any body ever experienced this issue. Also , Surprisingly this BC ( 0RPM) doesn't have a infoobject Catalog supplied and I am not sure where to organize the Business content Info objects once I can find them.

Thanks

Arun

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks both of you for your help, I have awarded points accordingly. I have one last issue,

I have activated certain info objects from BC from Unassigned node( even in the BC they don't belong to any perticular InfoObject catalog). However when I search them in the Info object folder they don't appear. Moreover in the Table RSDIOBCIOBJ they are still in version D. But through transaction RSDCUBE I see those info object as active.

Any help?

Thanks

Arunabha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arunabha,

You may have in your system both, A and D versions of the IO! Maybe you overlooked the A version in RSDIOBCIOBJ table?

Moreover, during business content upgrade you can replace the clients version by BC version:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/c1/ea683cc5e8ca68e10000000a114084/content.htm

Best regards,

Eugene

Former Member
0 Kudos

Eugine,

Thanks for your reply as well, this table also looks very useful.

Please note that I have found a way to activate the info object catalog itself. Instead of 'Package' Menu in the Business content , I have started from 'Info object from Info Area' menu under the Business content activation and managed to get the info object catalog and the undelying info object activated.

I however while activating did so with $tmp, Do you know how to get those object that I last activated under a diff package.

However many thanks to your sugesstion.

Thanks

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Arun,

You can double click on a catalog you want to have your IOs in and assign IOs to it.

Best regards,

Eugene

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Before activating the Data targets with data flow before, Make sure that the respective catalogs are in the active form.Other wise those IO are assigned to ' Unassigned ' Catalog.

With rgds,

Anil Kumar Sharma .P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

I think this in not an issue. You can check in RSD1 the info objects. If you see them there then you can create one cataloag and assign info objects to it.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eugene,

Thanks a lot for your info, I looked into the table and found out that the info object catalog exists ( For example 0RPM_CHA01, 0RPM_CHA02, 0RPM_CHA03 ...., 0RPM_KYF01, 0RPM_KYF02, ...ETC ) as with Info object in them. However the version is mentioned as 'D' inside this table, meaning that these are not activated.

However, as I mentioned earlier, I already activated certain ODS and Cubes from the Business content thereby activating the underlying info objects as well.

For example I can see 0RPM_PROJ is the key field of the 0RPM_ODS1 and also can be displayed using transaction ORSDCUBE ==> Info objects. It displays the object in its active version.

I have queried this table for other BC contents that we activated for some other projects earlier, Those objects are visible in RSA1- Info objects as well as in the table as version 'A'.

The reason for these two different behaviors is beyond my reach and I think that the BC for 0RPM may not have been activated properly.

Any suggestion is welcome to get rid of this situation.

Thanks

Arunabha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

'D' version means that infoobject catalog (NOT INFOOBJECT ITSELF) is in a SAP delivered version.

Version of IOs you can check in RSDIOBC table.

Looking at names you provided I wonder if they are catalog names or IOs names? It looks like the latter.

So, find the catalog name in RSA1 and infoobjects in there.

Best regards,

Eugene

Message was edited by: Eugene Khusainov

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

You may use RSDIOBCIOBJ table to find out where your infoobjects went to.

Best regards,

Eugene