Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BW to BW on HANA migration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Please provide me your valuable answers,

1. Is there any possibilities to move some 'X' company data from their own premises to SAP premises for test(BW on HANA) to create a POC

2. If so, is there any tools available to move data from?, In case of sensitive/Confidential data-> is it possible to do Infocube data anonymize? is there any techniques to do so?

Thank in advance

Best Regards

Raj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

chandan_praharaj
Contributor
0 Kudos

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw74/helpdata/en/bb/df686dc0d94f779b5c11d06753da95/frameset.htm

you can try using SAP HANA Smart data access, and also possibly able to leverage the data anonymization. Please check the link.

former_member197660
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amruthoji

I assume you wish to make a business case out of the data in your system on the new BW version/database.

If so then ideal way is to create a sandbox server which would be the copy of your integration/production system and perform upgrade/migration.

After upgrade/migration perform required testing to judge if you can make a business case out of it.

In general clients don't prefer loading their data to any third party machines.

Regards

Ashish

former_member182599
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Amruthoji,

There are multiple ways to extract data from cubes, the most popular being Open Hub or APD. Once the data is available in a file it can be uploaded to the new InfoCube in the new BW system.

Another option is to create an RFC connection between the 2 BW systems. Create an export datasource in the source BW system. The source BW system would need to be created as source system in the new BW system and when the DataSources are replicated the export datasource will show up which can now be linked to the new Cube in the New BW system.

For POC the first option is more suitable and the second option is advisable when large volumes of data are involved

Hope this helps

-Sid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddhartha,

Thanks for your reply. but Actually we are looking for possible ways how could we move our data from our own premises to outside(SAP premises).

Also before moving to outside( SAP Premises). we are looking to perform some anonymization on our data since its a confidential data.

provide your comments. Thanks

Best Regards

Raj

former_member182599
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Amruthoji,

The second option I provided earlier would be best for performance and would also be delta capable.

As regards to maintaining anonymity, I'm not sure what you had in mind and to what extent you wish to go. If you are sending GL information you could mask the Company codes by prepping the data in your current environment. This would be a time consuming exercise.

If you are evaluating performance I would suggest sending over data that is less sensitive.

Hope this helps

-Sid