Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BW style sheets not being seen in Portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

We are on EP6.0 SP14 and facing a problem in displayig a

BW Report in Portal..,The BW Team they are designing a query using WAD and they are using some style sheets

(Ex: Sage_BIReports.css) for look and feel as per client requirement also.., t their end its working and displaying with style sheets., but we create an iview and displaying in the portal its not taking style sheets its taking the BIReports_ie6.css for all iviews ..

Could u plz help me any one ..

Thanks in advance........

Sreedhar G

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

answered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Heike,

It's really Great, thanks alot for u r valuable answer..,

and one more small issue client want to see the report when he clicks the iview it has to open in a new window with out tool bar and address bar only a report with full window do u have any solution for this..

Thanks for u r help

Bye

Sreedhar G

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can use javascript window.open to open the report without tool bar, address bar, etc.

there are many sample available in internet

one of them

http://www.pageresource.com/jscript/jwinopen.htm

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Raja,

Thanx for u r help.., i gone through it once but how should i implement it to a portal window can u plz give me

a clear solution..

Thanx in advance

Sreedhar

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

is it a BW query iview? if yes you need to use webtemplate and withing the webtemplate you need to use this javascript?

Can you tell us what kind of iview you are using?

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Raja,

I'm very Thankfull for u r reply..,

I'm using a SAP BW Report iveiew for this i'm using a BEx

Analyzer Query String and displaying the portal..

Thaking you,

Bye

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<i><b>when he clicks the iview it has to open in a new window</b></i>

case 1:left handside navigation area you have link for your bw query and when the user clicks on it it has to open in a new window?

may be you have to open a dummy blank template which onload opens a new window with the report output.

case2: if the user clicks in the content area where bw report is shown , the same report has to open in a new window?

by default in the top right corner of the content area you will see a menu which has the option to open it in a new browser window.

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Raja,

We are on EP6.0 SP14..i konw the options what u mentioned but when the user clicks on reports it has to open a new window ..,for the new window you told me to add some variables in web template where should i do the necessary coding for display iview in a new window with out tool bars and address bars..,

i found some notes to change the view source to some

like this

window.open(-----,toolbar=no)

here where sholud i implement this coding, in the WAD SOURCE OR ANY OTHER..

plz give me a clear procedure

Bye

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

place the following code in the webtemplate.

<input type="button" value="Open in new Window" name="B3" onClick="window.open(document.location.href,'mywindow','width=400,height=200,toolbar=no,location=no,status=no,menubar=no,scrollbars=yes,resizable=yes')">

what this will do.

by default after clicking the report menu the user will see the report in the content area. also the report output will now have a button called Open in new Window and upon clicking the button the same report will be opened in a new window.

if you want achieve window openning thru the standard menu "Launch in New Window" option of role/workset

then edit the role/workset to set the property "Window Features"

Enter a comma-separated list of JavaScript parameters; for example: 'fullscreen=yes, toolbar=no'.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Raja

Thanx for u r reply.., i palced the code in webtemplate previously and now also but its not getting displaying

in new window.., and if i want to open in portal above the portal body area called OPTIONS -> open in New window

its opening the default home page..

i have one option called in iview-> properties->Drag&Relate->Launch in new Windiow -> Display in New window i set the proerty but it was working before now its not working (Now its working for R/3 Reports not for BW Reports..) and i tried with the code but not getting..

Have u implemeted this feature any time..if yes plz more clearly

Thanks & Regards for u r help

Sreedhar G

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<i> i palced the code in webtemplate previously and now also but its not getting displaying

in new window..,</i>

what exactly is happenning?

window not openning? script error? etc

<i>iview-> properties->Drag&Relate->Launch in new Windiow -> Display</i>

this will be the one in role or workset properties.

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Raja,

iview having the property its opening for some iviews in new window and some is not but i set the property which i mentioned the same to alll iviews , the opening iviews in new window is aslo coming with tool bar if i palce u r code in web template also this is an abnormal behaviour of a browser i think what do u say .., have faced like this before,,

any help plz...

Bye

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you create a BW IView in the Portal, the look and feel service of the Portal will be used, meaning: The actual Theme set for the user is used.

If you want to add the stylesheet manual you have to set additionally

&STYLE_SHEET=Path to stylesheet

as query string in your portal iView.

(http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/fe/1f813b310c4a0ee10000000a114084/frameset.htm)

Heike