cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BW - R3 Partner Profiles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

i had an active Source System linked to an R3 in BW.

After a new Setup of the R/3 System ( backup ) i am not able to activate the source System again. The reason for that is that the partner profiles were lost during the backup. I tried to set up these parameters manually but it still does not work. By checking the source system in BW i get the message that the IDoc type for RSSEND is not identical to the Type from BW. Nice to know but the Idoc type which is needed does not exist in the source System. Due to these errors I am also not able to delete these Source System, and set up a new one which generate the needed entries.

Can Anyone Help ?

Regards

Ali

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

A quick way to delete the source system is to create the IDOC type it's looking for in WE30 and make sure it's assigned to the correct source system in table RSBASIDOC. This is usually where the lookup fails. It won't get it working but it should allow you to delete it.

Make sure to put a dummy host name in your SM59 RFC destinantion associated with this source system or it might go out and delete things where the originating system for the copy was communicating. You can still delete the source system without the RFC's working.

-bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ali,

Review the OSS note:184322, although your current problem is not a result of source system refresh, this note explains the procedure required for restoring the source system connection. There are also other notes:325470, 325525 that have some additional info as well.

Hope it helps,

Sree