cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BW objects in HANA studio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gurus,

I didn't have the pleasure of working on the BW 7.3 running on HANA DB yet, so I have this question..

If BW 7.3 is running on a HANA DB, do we have any visibility of the underlying tables of BW objects like fact tables of cubes, new/active/changelog tables of DSOs in HANA Studio Content?

I know (read in one of the documents) that the tables/views in HANA Studio Content/catalog will be available for data modeling in BW to create Composite info providers. But is the reverse also true that the BW tables are available in HANA Studio?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Yes , you can find all your tables in SAP HANA DB. We can search for our table by using "FIND" option in HANA Studio. All the tables related to in memory DSO are now column based tables. All the tables are found in catalog. Regarding in memory DSO you can find this blog as useful

Regards,

Krishna Tangudu

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ajax,

this is possible via the SAP HANA Studio. When you install SAP BW on HANA two new schemas (DBACOKCPIT<SID> and SAP<SID>) are created in the HANA database. However, you need the Password for user SAP<SID> that you have entered during the installation of SAP BW on HANA then you have full access on database level to the BW tables in schema SAP<SID>.

You can also integrate HANA content into BW as mentioned in the [SAP help|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/11/69442974eb49aaa08ee5c225766858/frameset.htm]. For further details about BW on HANA also check help.sap.com.

Best Regards,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajax,

We can see the tables in HANA studio as well. we have additional advanatage of creating in memory objects when you implement BW on HANA like

1) In memory DSO

2) In memory In Cube.

You have a look at the below blogs.

We have two sections in HANA i) Administration Console and 2) Information modeler.

as we have not done any data modelers in HANA, we can see our tables in Administration console

Under administration console, left side navigation we have HANA system--> i) catalog ii)Content

under content check Tables folder.

Regards,

Venkatesh