Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SAP Community Downtime Scheduled for This Weekend

BW format and scaling factor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm quite new in this forum and actually this is my first posting

I hope somebody can help on one or two things.

We make a workbook containing BW reports. I have problem on formatting BW report according to user's requirement. In my report, we have a structure (like hierarchy). We want some lines (eg level 0) to be bold. Initially, we use BW format, but then it will apply also to other reports which we don't want.

We also want to display scaling factor to be 'more user-friendly', eg instead of '* 1,000,000', we want it to be displayed as text 'million'.

I can do little macro to change the scaling factor display, but then it will not affect to other existing workbook, right?

Is there anyone can help or suggest me on these? I appreciate it so much.

Thank you.

Regards,

Anzar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

majeed_mohammedabdul
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Anzar,

All the things you mentioned can be done in the workbook as you want. As you said you can have a macro for the scaling factor and yes it will not affect the other workbook because it is written for that workbook.

As for the first question if you do that in the workbook ( Here you can just make the level 0 bld and save the settings) It will not be affecting other queries.

The changes you make to the workbook are for the workbook specified.

Thanks

Regards

Majeed

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I dont understand wht actually ur requirement..But is that u have some KF displayed as * ?????

If u r pulling data from backend,may be u can mention in routines to display the text.

I hope am in right path..

pls chk & tell me

Thanks

BI Learner

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi BI learner and Majeed,

Thx for the reply.

If you go to query/report properties, you can tick checkbox the option "Display scaling factor for key figures". Then the report will have new column filled with scaling factor and unit of measurement or currency, providing the whole row/column using same scaling factor or uom or currency.

So as I said, I use the macro to change how it is displayed. Now the question is whether the macro can be applied to other workbook.

And for the format, as Majeed said, it will only affect the current workbook. But if the current workbook contains many reports, then they are all affected, right? We want the format to affect some not all reports.

Another thing ya.. the BW permanent template.. that can only be used when we open a new query, right? It will not affect the existing workbook, right.

Thanks.

Regards,

Anzar

majeed_mohammedabdul
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anzar,

Even if the current workbook contains many reports the format is applied to only those queries which you have changed. So not all the queries are affected.

BW Permanent template can be used only with the new queries. Here If you are making any changes to this template then it will affect all the future queries which are used to create workbooks.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Regards

Majeed