cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BW / CRM delta queue problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

<b>We are not seeing a delta queue being generated for our 0CRM_CASE_ATTR datasource</b> which we have modifed with the easy enhancement workbench. We have replicated, re-activated transfer rules, and reactivated within the BW Adapter. I can perform an init perfectly but when I make a change to a record in CRM, I do not get a delta record. I think the real issue is that I do not even see an entry for my datasource w/in any of the delta queues! I've checked smq1 and rsa7. IN BWA7, does anyone know what creates a check in "queue exists"? This is not checked. Gurus, Any advice?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

did anyone solve this problem? Where is the path about which documents are sent to BW? Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm having the same problem. I'm trying to upload the deltas from 0CRM_SRV_PROCESS_H to BW but i believe that the delta queue remais empty when i create new processes or update some processes.

In BWA7 the delta queue flag remains empty.

Can someone help me with this.

Best Regards Joã

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Scott,

Did you get this resolved. We are having the same issue. We are using 0CRM_SALES_ACT_1 data source and in BWA7 there is no check mark in the Delta queue.

Thanks,

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

For Case management, there is a setting on the CRM side which controls which types of records can be sent to BW. This was set to allow only standard case types (which were not being used) therefore BW received no records.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Scott,

We find 0 records in RSA3 for 0CRM_CASE_ATTR when we try to extract from CRM5.0. Could you please let me know the path where you were setting the case types to be flown into BW? I could not find any setting which talks about this,, even I checked in SPRO.

FYI. we have activated the data source in RSA5 , we can display the datasource in rsa2 but not can't display the same in BWA5.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am having a similar problem, can you advise whether you found a solution ?

Regards : Tom Ambrose

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Katrin. I have also opened an OSS and I too will forward the response. I agree it seems to be BDOC related and we are missing mapping in BWA1.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Scott:

Did you solved this problem,If so please update.

Thanks!

scy

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Hello,

> <b>We are not seeing a delta queue being generated

> for our 0CRM_CASE_ATTR datasource</b> which we have

> modifed with the easy enhancement workbench. We have

> replicated, re-activated transfer rules, and

> reactivated within the BW Adapter. I can perform an

> init perfectly but when I make a change to a record

> in CRM, I do not get a delta record. I think the

> real issue is that I do not even see an entry for my

> datasource w/in any of the delta queues! I've

> checked smq1 and rsa7. IN BWA7, does anyone know what

> creates a check in "queue exists"? This is not

> checked. Gurus, Any advice?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Scott,

I have the same problem with 0CRM_LEAGUI including the reactivating, replicating and so on (we don't see a delta queue for it either) . In desperation I opened a note with SAP, they are still working on it, but the guy already told me that it seems to be a CRM problem rather than a BW problem. Something with BDOCS. Once I get the problem solved, I'll let you know

Katrin