cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bw Aggregates and BPS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are performance tuning BPS web interface. I have found a note 560369 (Proposal BW aggreates for sem-bps) regarding response times for reading of transactional data.

We have built a report layout that contains Amount (by period) for the current year plus a total amount for last years actuals.

My Question is this. When read access is performed, will more than 1 aggregate be used if I create more detailed aggregates are found. (eg: In Bex queries multiply aggregate may be used in a to produce a query result)

Regards Tony

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member93896
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tony (or is your name Karen?)

the data selection from BPS can use one aggregate at a time. If you have created several aggregates, the system will deterime automatically, which of the aggregates fits best. You can see which aggregate has been used in table RSDDSTAT.

Regards,

Marc

SAP NetWeaver RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marc,

Thanks for the response.

My name is Tony. (using Karens login id.)

Since this is a report we are think of using A web link. Our issue is to test whethere we can pass a BPS variable into the parameter so that users to not have to re enter variable selections.

Regards Tony

Former Member
0 Kudos

Found a "How to Integrate BEx Web application into BPS Web interface"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just a comment on multiple aggregates being used in a Bex query - there is a certain amount of overhead when multiple aggregates are read to answer an OLAP query, e.g. a database query for each aggregate that is accessed has to run (and double that if the aggregates are not fully compressed and the E and F Agg fact tables have to be read) and then those results all have to be merged. If the queries involve many or large master data tables, the overhead of doing that many times may take more time than having a a single aggregate.

You have to review the statistics/timings to see if the multiple aggregates used for one query are helping more, or starting to hurt you.

Message was edited by: Pizzaman

Tony, why not get your own ID - the price is right.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

<i>My Question is this. When read access is performed, will more than 1 aggregate be used if I create more detailed aggregates are found.</i>

The OLAP will use the generic Aggregate. If it feels that the generic Aggregate is not sufficient in the query navigation, it takes the data from other aggregate (which is suitable for current navigation) .

And It is sure that the query can use multiple aggregates.

With rgds,

Anil Kumar Sharma .P