cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BW 2.1C: Bex Analyzer query

inde_singh
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm a beginner starting out developing in a BW 2.1C. I have good ABAP skills but limited experience in developing within BW.

I have a requirement to execute a BEx Analzyer Query in an ABAP program. I need to write the query results data to a flat file for transmission to a Cognos system.

Thanks, Inde

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are not useing OLE for ODB and you may need to create a query_cube for cognos ..

inde_singh
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi, thanks for the tips, I will try using Reporting Agent (from RSA1) or a RSCRM_BAPI. I would be interested in learning more about how I could use OLE for ODB etc to perform this task.

Also is there any documentation on the use of RSCRM_BAPI. I have the following questions on using RSCRM_BAPI:

1. Sometimes when I run the extract I get error message in the status list: Error getting data (ADX)

2. When extracting to a file or table the member name is a key value (1A523N48M21O0U20DJTQN5K3W) and not description (Assets). When you run the report directly in RSCRM_BAPI there's a 'toggle key value/texts' is this available when extracting to a table/file.

3. Some queries available in the Excel BEx analyser are not available in RSCRM_BAPI, how do I make them available.

Many thanks for your help so far.

Thanks, Mr Inde Uppal

Message was edited by: Inde Uppal

GFV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are looking for documentation see on SAPNet (http://service.sap.com/bw). There you find 2 documents:

1 - How to schedule quey extracts using RSCRM_BAPI.pdf (under Service and Implementation/How to/)

2 - OLE DB for OLAP.pdf (under Documention/)

In OSS there are some notes about RSCRM_BAPI (never seen you problem ...): use key word RSCRM_BAPI (35 notes). Probably there you find the solution to problems 1 and 2.

About Query usage in RSCRM_BAPI you have to enable "OLE DB for OLAP property in Query definition.

Hope it helps.

GFV

PS. About problem 1 see OSS 627220 - "RSCRM - Error while downloading data (AXD)"

Message was edited by: Gianfranco Vallese

inde_singh
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi, thanks for all your help to date. I will be using transaction RSCRM_BAPI to schedule background jobs to create query extract files.

I have one question about setting the query variables automatically. When I schedule the background job periodically can I use variable values for the query parameters. E.g. one of the parameters is period and I would like this to default to the current period. I want to setup the background job once to run periodically at the end of the month. Each month would use the current period value as a parameter.

Thanks, Inde.

GFV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can try different solutions. First of all develop your Query.

Then try to set up a Reporting Agent (from RSA1) or a RSCRM_BAPI: in bot cases you can schedule the execution and then start such a job from you ABAP program ...

Hope it helps

GFV