Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BusinessObjects.Enterprise.Sdk Error 1938 During Install

Former Member
0 Kudos

Post Author: CHTClay

CA Forum: .NET

Ok..this is driving me around the bend. I have created the MSI built in VS 2005 with all of the dependent merge modules included (using the merge modules from SP2). The app requires the use of unmanaged RAS, to edit reports programtically. The install works flawlessly on the dev machine (of course, all of the crystal reports stuff is on that machine). But when I try to install on our Server 2003 (Citrix) machine that does not have the full blown crystal package installed I get the following error during the 'Publishing product information' phase of the install:

An error occurred during the installation of assembly 'BusinessObjects.Enterprise.sdk, Version="11.5.3300.0",PublicKeyToken="692fbea5521e1304",Culture="neutral",FileVersion="11.5.8.1111". One or more modules of the assembly could not be found. HRESULT: 0x80131042

The event Viewer gives the following:

Event Type: ErrorEvent Source: MsiInstallerEvent Category: NoneEvent ID: 11938Date: 1/22/2008Time: 5:10:08 PMUser: CITRIXSVR\AdministratorComputer: CITRIXSVRDescription:Product: CHxPress -- Error 1938. An error occurred during the installation of assembly 'BusinessObjects.Enterprise.Sdk,Version="11.5.3300.0",PublicKeyToken="692fbea5521e1304",Culture="neutral",FileVersion="11.5.8.1111"'. One or more modules of the assembly could not be found. HRESULT: 0x80131042. assembly interface: IAssemblyCacheItem, function: Commit, component: {14214509-70AF-4B27-8F50-F1B38D583369}

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.Data:0000: 7b 39 32 36 35 41 36 33 I really need to get this resolved so I can push the new release. Any help out there?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Post Author: Ted Ueda

CA Forum: .NET

The BusinessObjects.Enterprise.Sdk is special in that it consists of the assembly:

BusinessObjects.Enterprise.Sdk.dll

and the netmodules

BusinessObjects.Enterprise.Sdk.netmodule

BusinessObjects.Enterprise.Sdk.Ssl.netmodule

BusinessObjects.Enterprise.Sdk.ZipLib.netmodule

I'm guessing one of the netmodule files cannot be found in your deployment package.

Sincerely,

Ted Ueda

kengotwald
0 Kudos

I know this is a really old thread, but I've been looking all over for the solution to my error

could not load file or assembly businessobjects.enterprise.sdk

I had copied the businessobjects.enterprise.sdk.dll from my dev machine to the bin directory of the website, but then got other errors about not finding any source lines in file.

Copied all the netmodule files that go with the dll, and everything works great now!

Thank you so much!