cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BusinessObjects Enterprise Client Tools XI 3.1 SP3 Connection Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

I installed BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 3.1 SP3 on the server, the server has Windows Server Enterprise 2007.

Locally, in my Laptop, I installed the BusinessObjects Enterprise Client Tools XI 3.1 SP3, but i can´t connect with the CMS using the Webi, or anyother tool to the server. I made everything that is in the administrator, installation and configuration guides, but reading the administrator guide for Query as a WebService I read that if you install the BusinessObjects Enterprise Tools you need a key license to us it, the question will be this.

Do i need a different license than the one what i use to install the BusinessObjects Enterprise on the server to install, connect and use the BusinessObjects Enterprise Client Tools XI 3.1 SP3 on every machine that i install and use for it????

Thanks and regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You do not need separate or additional license for the Client Tools.

Most often Client tools cannot connect to server components because :

1. CMS server is not running on the server

2. There is a firewall between Client machine and the server machine and firewall specific settings were not done. (Admin guide - working with firewalls section).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks,

I check by the CMC the status of the CMS server, and it´s enable and runing, how can i check the firewall trouble?

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to check with your IT if there is a firewall present between the server and cleint machine. Also check the client machine if firewall is enabled and check server for the same.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You may want to check the service on the server call "Server Intelligence Agent (SIA)". In my experience this service sometimes does not start.