cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Workplace - "Tips & Tricks"

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've just noticed a very, very cool feature in Business Workplace. When you go to your Inbox, and you hover over "Tips & Tricks," something appears, a bit like a Windows tooltip, except far more useful and far less annoying.

Does anyone know how I can get such a feature into an ABAP programme I write myself? It looks like it should be easy - probably something like set a property on an object and watch it happen. But I can't work it out, I think I must be looking in the wrong place...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ramki_maley
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

The Preview Pane utilizes HTML controls. A new item for the "Tips & Tricks" is selected every time you click on a different workitem or deadline message. Function module SIN_WI_PREVIEW_TIPS gets the tip and builds the HTML.

Cheers,

Ramki Maley.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Legend. That's all I needed to know. 😄

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi, sadly not - I don't think it's a tooltip! Take a look at it - it gives you a pretty serious amount of text and substantially changes what you can see.

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

I went to the Business workplace tx and opened my Inbox, but i'm unable to see what you are talking about.

Can you be a bit more clear?

Regards,

Ravi

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Robert,

BCALV_DEMO_TOOLTIP is a demo program for having tool tips feature. Let me know if this is what you wanted.

Regards,

Ravi Kanth