cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business View Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to create a dynamic prompt (i.e. list of values updated when report report refreshed) and I am reading up on this.

I have an option to create a dynamic connection or a normal one. Which one do I create? I will want the prompt to point to different systems when it is moved between systems otherwise want it to connect to one system. I dont want the use to have to select which system they want the prompt to connect to each time.

Will LCM deal with the connections via overrides?

I will be publishing the crystal report to BI 4.0, it will be based on SAP BW/ SQL Server data, the LOV will have to come from SAP BW data (the parameter is created within the Crystal report not the BEx Query).

Thanks, 

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Leo,

A Dynamic Data Connection Will prompt the user for the Connection/Database to connect to. I'm sure you'd not want the users to get this prompt.

A normal Data Connection should be fine. When you move the Business View between systems, the Data Connection automatically picks up the Connection Name fron the system. For e.g: if the Data Connection is pointing to a SQL Server database via ODBC, then on a new system when it's moved, it will look for the same ODBC. All you need to ensure is the connection/drivers are present on all the environments and they all have the same name.

If it doesn't find the connection, you can always manually update the Data Connection.

-Abhilash

Answers (0)