cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business system Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have one doubt regarding the business system in SLD.

In my development PI system i am using BS_R3_CD1200_DEV business system and i am using file based transport strategy.

For quality PI system our basis team has created BS_R3_CQ1500_QAS business system.

Now my doubt is that when we transport our configuration scenaio in quality does it detects automatically BS_R3_CQ1500_QAS business system or do i need to do some configuation.

Moreover in development system i am using client 200 and for quality the client is 500.Is there any issue regarding that ?

Please provide your valuable inputs on this.

Regards

Anku chopra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It depends on the transport method you use ...

if you are using CTS based transport method then no need to do anything in QAS system after transporting...only thing you need to do is in DEV SLD map the business systems ..

source target

BS_D_CD1200_DEV - BS_Q_CQ1500_QAS

also you need to create the groups for DEV,QAS and PRD.. in DEV SLD...

HTH

Rajesh

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, you are correct.

You have to add Dev business system in the transport target of Quality SLD.

-Supriya.

abhijitbolakhe
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Anku

Pls follow the following steps for Transport of Business System from DEV to QA

The following sequence should be followed while transporting XI Objects from DEV to QA

1) Export the DEV SLD with export All on your desktop...Export ALL will contain All products,SWCV,TS,BS ...(.zip file)

2)Go to QA XI and import the above .zip file in QA SLD.

3) Now create TS & BS for QA XI ..give related integration server of QA XI .....Now QA XI will have BS of DEV as well as QA.

4) Create Transport Groups in QA SLD for DEV & QA Business systems based on their integration server.

5) Now create Transport targets in QA SLD for all DEV B.S........give QA B.S as target for each B.S.....

6) Export IR Objects from DEV and import in QA

7) Export ID Objects from dev and import in QA...it will be in change list..provide the User credentials,directory path and file name for QA and Activate....Since we have given the transport targets of QA ...the dev business systems will automatically get changed into QA business systems.

Regards

Abhijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anku

There is no issue even if your client for Dev is 200 and tht for Quality is 500.

Now regarding "Now my doubt is that when we transport our configuration scenaio in quality does it detects automatically BS_R3_CQ1500_QAS business system or do i need to do some configuation",

definately you have to do configuration in SLD.

You have to define 'Transport target' in SLD of Quality system.

In the SLD of quality system, for business system 'BS_R3_CQ1500_QAS', at the bottom there will be a tab for Transport target.

Click there and add the target from Dev system as 'BS_R3_CD1200_DEV'.

This method is applicable if you are manually creating business systems in each environment, and not using CTS method where you have to map the Dev, Quality and PRD system in development SLD only.

-Supriya

Edited by: Supriya Sawant on Nov 3, 2009 6:39 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for all your replies.

I am using the file based transport stategy.

Howvere our development and Quality SLD are same.

Now my doubt is do we need to add the BS_R3_CD1200_DEV business system in BS_R3_CQ1500_QAS>Transport tab> Add/Change Target so that when we tranport our ID objects to quality it will automatically detect the BS_R3_CQ1500_QAS business system.Please confirm this.

Regards

Anku chopra

Former Member
0 Kudos

A read will help

Lib-http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/ef/a21e3e0987760be10000000a114084/frameset.htm