Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business packages required for WD ABAP ESS/MSS

pankaj001
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are planning to implement WD ABAP ESS/MSS in our NW 7.4 Portal. Can some one please guide me which Business Packages are need to be installed on portal for the same. we are having ERP 6.0 Ehp 7.

Regards,

Pankaj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For EHP 7 , you don't have to install business package. You can do role upload from backend.

Refer below note:

1685257 - Upload of SAP delivered NWBC Roles to SAP Netweaver Portal

Which roles are you trying to configure?

If you are trying to configure UI5 based functionality you can refer below blog.

If you are trying to configure WDA based EHP7 functionality then you need to do role upload from backend

SAP_EMPLOYEE_ESS_WDA_3

SAP_MANAGER_MSS_NWBC_3

Refer below blog for WDA based EHP7 role configuration:

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Navya

pankaj001
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Navya,

We are trying for below roles:

> SAP_COURSEADMIN_LSO_CI_2

> SAP_EMPLOYEE_ESS_WDA_3

> SAP_MANAGER_MSS_SR_NWBC_3

I have tried uploading ESS roles in SAP EP, got a success message but cannot find the imported ESS role.

Regards,

Pankaj

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you upload back-end role to portal , make sure the role is uploaded successfully in portal.

Refer below mentioned notes in case of issues faced:

2011251 - Role Upload shows successful status but role is not created

1685257 - Upload of SAP delivered NWBC Roles to SAP Netweaver Portal

Make sure all the relevant system alias is created. The target system parameter present in R/3 role should be present in role.

Regards,

Navya

pankaj001
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Navya,

thanks a lot for your prompt response.

Issue was with missing system alias. I have added system aliases and now I can Import the backend roles into Portal.

I have assigned the below 3 roles to my user but unfortunately cannot see MSS in TLN.

> SAP_COURSEADMIN_LSO_CI_2

> SAP_EMPLOYEE_ESS_WDA_3

> SAP_MANAGER_MSS_SR_NWBC_3

Regards,

Pankaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please open MSS role and check if entry point is set.

Also open role permissions and give end user runtime permissions

lastly check user admin if role is property assigned to your userid or not.

Ankur

pankaj001
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I can now see MSS in TLN but getting a blank page on every node. I can see Workset/Service map for ESS role.

Regards,

Pankaj

pankaj001
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Navya,

Need your help in one of the issues we are facing. I have already raised a discussion for the same.

Hope you can throw some light on the same.

@navya shetty

Regards,

Pankaj

pankaj001
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Navya,

Can you please tell which Business Package needs to be installed in portal for ESS MSS WDA?

Regards,

Pankaj

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

For EHP7 no business package is to be installed. Role upload should work and should be successful .

For common parts, you might have to deploy business package as specified in link below:

https://help.sap.com/erp_hcm_ias_2012_03/helpdata/en/eb/bd8a42f802a01ae10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Regards,

Navya.

pankaj001
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Navya,

I have asked our Basis team to install Common parts BP on Portal.

In Role upload approach do we need to import the pfcg role at the end after doing all the configuration and settings in ABAP system for PFCG roles? I am asking this because the changes made in PFCG role in ABAP system after upload in portal are not visible in portal.

Regards,

Pankaj

former_member280874
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj and Navya

Im facing a hard time installing common parts on our EP Java 731. Was your BASIS team able to install this component.

I have downloaded BPERP5COM01_0-10007526.SCA from the marketplace but for some reason SUM is not picking it up. I even tried downloading diffrent versions of Common parts but still SUM did not pick them up. SUm is basically empty with no components to deplay after the inbox scan.

As a test to the SUM tool, i downloaded BPERPESSWDA06_0-20006355.SCA and rescan again and it was able to detect that component.

what am i missing here, please assist

thanks in advace

regards

Steven

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

roman_loshevsky
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Solution

If you plan to use Webdynpro ESS/MSS on SAP Netweaver 7.4 as mentioned in SAP note 1874939 you should use the following packages

BP ESS 1.41
BP MSS 1.41
SAP_ESS 633
SAP PCUI_GP 633
SAP_MSS 630

These are available at www.service.sap.com/swdc

Regards,
Roman.

pankaj001
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Roman,

Thanks for your response.

It seems the above mentioned packages are for Java Webdynpro. We are planning for ABAP WD ESS/MSS.

Regards,

Pankaj

anil_kumar259
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check this

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

Please use the following:

1. BPERPESSWDA 1.50

2. BPMSSADDON 1.0

3. BP_ERP5COM 1.51

Regards,

ANkur

pankaj001
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

Thanks for your response. I was just checking SMP for the Packages mentioned by you.

1. BPERPESSWDA1.50--  The Installation s/w component is not present in Marketplace
  2. MSS Add-On 1.0--  The Installation s/w component is present
  3. BP ERP05 COMMON PARTS 1.61 -- The Installation s/w component is not present in Marketplace

How ever I can see a Support packages and Patches for BPERPESSWDA1.50 and BP ERP05 COMMON PARTS 1.61. Do we need to install the support packages and patches for these components.

Please advise!

Thanks,

Pankaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pankaj,

I am not exactly sure, but most likely these may be the components.

Please try to deploy them in portal. it must work