cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Objects: Integration with BEx query Designer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hellos Gurus,

My question is about "Analisys in SAP Business Warehouse"...

I have a question about the use of BEx Query Designer, this tool is now obsolete, is there in the SAP BI Roadmap?

I dont know how its integrate with Business Objects Products.

If I buy Business Objects Products and SAP Integration Kit when I create a Query only I need Business Objects Tools or is it necesary first create a Query with BEx Query Designer.

I must be use BEx Query Designer always if I need create a Query from SAP BW?

Thanks for your response

Regards

Gustavo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Gustavo,

For Universe building best Practice is to create on top of BEx Query instead of CUBE, DSO or MP.

This would allow additional features of RKF, CKF, BEx Variables, Conditions, Limited objects.

However there are quite a few limitations also with BEx query as a data provider to OLAP Universe, like you can't use Text variable that has been created in BEx, you need to create it in BO itself.

Regards,

NooN

former_member793810
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Currently if you have to create Query you have to use SAP Query Designer for Business Objects.

You may avoid SAP Query Designer if you want but it all depends on situation.

You may create your universe directly on SAP infoProvider if you are using BOBJ webi in case of Crystal Reports you may make direct connection with InfoProvider.

Integration Kit helps you pull data from SAP to BOBJ to create Reports. Now it depends on the situation and requirement that if you need to create a Query using SAP Query Designer or Directly pull data from InfoCube etc.

In Future they may by pass Query Designer completely but not right now.

Regards,

Bashir Awan