cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

business objects environment variables to connect to oracle clinent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone i am install bo xi 3.1 on solaris 10 i created a script named boenv.sh which consists of

#!/bin/sh

#*********************************************************************

1. --------------------------------------------------------------------*

2. Business Objects Environment Configuration*

#

1. Version: 1.0*

#

1. Version History:*

#

1. 11-oct-2010*

#

set -a

1. Business Objects Enterprise Root*

BOE=/apps/efs_bobj/software;export BOE

1. Business Objects Version*

VER=xir2fp4;export VER

1. Oracle Configuration*

export TNS_ADMIN=/opt/oracle/product/11.1.0/client_1/network/admin

export ORACLE_HOME=/opt/oracle/product/11.1.0/client_1

export PATH=$ORACLE_HOME/bin:$PATH

export LIBPATH=$/lib32* export NLS_LANG=AMERICAN_AMERICA.UTF8 export LANG=en_US.UTF-8

1. Oracle 10.2.0.2 JDK JDBC Drivers*
export LC_ALL=en_US.UTF-8 export SCRIPTS=/apps/efs_bobj/scripts *ORACLE_JDBC_CLASSPATH=$/jdbc/lib; export ORACLE_JDBC_CLASSPATH

1. PATH*

PATH=$/bin:/bin:usr/xpg4/bin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/ucb:/usr/ccs/bin:/usr/local/bin:$;export PATH

set +a

export BH=/apps/efs_bobj/bobj

is that the right script for solaris or do i need to change anything in the script in order to connect to oracle client

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Generally these settings are suufcient. Just try sqlplus and tnsping, they should work.

Do you still get any issues with these settings?

Former Member
0 Kudos

when i am trying to install business objects on Solaris v10 UNIX , i am getting this error

Business Objects Enterprise XI 3.1 Setup

error

Failure to validate the database credential has a potential to crash the database at a later stage. Enter the correct information. (STU00104) .

thats the reason i posted the above code , do i need to give any kind of user credentials in that script or it is fine.why i am getting this kind of error

i got this error when i am giving the userid and password for the cms database

0 Kudos

Make sure that you use the 32bit version of the oracle 10.2 client and add the LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable in your script. It should contain the path to your 32bit oracle libraries.

Regards,

STratos

PS: Use either the administrator or runtime installation type for the oracle client..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Efstratios,

I got problem when upgrading from OracleClient 9 to Oracle 11G.

I got the exact error explained on:

http://www.clearcutreports.com/?p=106.

On the step 7. It mentioned to check libclntsh.so.10.1 (libclntsh.so.11.1 in my case).

Is it the same as per your suggested bellow

"Make sure that you use the 32bit version of the oracle 10.2 client and add the LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable in your script. It should contain the path to your 32bit oracle libraries."

How can we do it ?

Thanks & Best Regards.

0 Kudos

First of all the Oracle 11 driver is supported starting from SP3. Make sure that look at the SUpported platforms documentations for your BO version (http//service.sap.com/bosap-support)

Look for the 32bit directory in the installation directory of your Oracle client. I do not know the exact name but there is a 32 contained in the name (look under the lib folder). Make sure that this directory is the first contained in your LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable.

Regards

Stratos

Answers (0)