cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Content and other extractors : difference?

0 Kudos

Please let me know that differences between Business content and other extractors in BW, i.e., difference between Business content and LO extraction,CO-PA extraction, LIS etc.?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In application specific you have 2 types :

business content & customer generated extractors

Business content extractors : FI, CO , HR, LO Cockpit, CRM

In Customer generated :

COPA, FISL, LIS

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rama,

Business Content extractors are the one's which are provided by SAP.LO extraction is a single tool where everything is maintained and this basically used for Logistics Application.

Inorder to laod any data of Controlling and Profitability accounting application we use the COPA extraction method which varies in the settings to be done.

LIS extraction is used for logistics application only but the difference is we need to create the infostructures and handling of teh delta is done by the table switching mechnaism.

Plz assign points if this helps.

Regards,

Sridevi

0 Kudos

Thanks for your detailed reply, any way i need some more clarification, if possible please mail me to rkwishes@yahoo.com or reply here itself.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The basic difference is, in the Business Content extracters the Data Source is readymadely given which includes the Transfer Structure, Extract Structure at Source System side and the Transfer Structure at BW side.We can customize the ES.

In case of other Extracters we need to create the Data Source and bring the DS to BW.