Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Builder Time Hierarchy for SAC

Buck25
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi

Is it possible to create a date in the Business Builder that is recognized by SAC, so that I can use the time hierarchy in SAC? I created a dimension based on the time view SAP.TIME.VIEW_DIMENSION_DAY but no luck. In the data builder it's working.

I do remember that there was a point in the roadmap related to time dimension in the business builder but I can't find it anymore. Anyway I have the feeling that the roadmap for DWC is getting smaller and smaller.

If it's not possible to use a time hierarchy in SAC for business builder objects, I would be surprised because I think it's quite important.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

XaviPolo
Active Contributor

Business Builder only supports Parent/Child hierarchies, but the Time Dimension views deployed by SAP are level based.

I will save you some work, 🙂 even if you create a parent/child hierarchy for a time dimension in the Business Layer, when you are going to use it in SAC you will see it as a "normal" hierarchy, and you will be able to open the year, then the month, etc but you will not be able to use the automatic comparative functionalities with the previous period and those things...

And YES it is incomprehensible .... they must think that no one analyzes data using the time dimension?

Buck25
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for your input.

Sven_Knöpfler
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Level-based hierarchies should be possible with the upcoming analytic model: https://roadmaps.sap.com/board?PRODUCT=73555000100800002141⦥=CURRENT-LAST#;INNO=000D3AA914A11EDBAEA5...

diego_oliveira4
Participant
0 Kudos

Is it possible to use these new features in the beta version?

XaviPolo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't think so.

I am not aware that beta access currently exists.

Sven_Knöpfler
Active Participant
0 Kudos

diegooliveira If you mean to use time dimension hierarchies during the restriced access phase for analytic models -> then yes, its possible and you can already use it. It works perfect, you can choose the different hierarchies (YMD, YQMD ...), you can use variances, you can calculate YTD values and so on.

Answers (0)