Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business application studio: dev space stuck in status 'Starting' or 'Stopping'

MQUALIZZA
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello,

It's all day that I'm facing an issue trying to run my dev space from BAS. It stays always in the state of "STARTING" (even after 30-45min) and if I try to stop it, it remains in a STOPPING state for at least 15min.

Right now I'm unavailable to access my dev space. I've tried to clean the cache, switch browsers but nothing changed.

Does anyone have any idea on how can I make it works?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Matteo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

xx_chen
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi ivan.mirisola,

surprisingly I do have the same issue. It happens on a productive landscape too.

Is there a possibility to check any logs or "kill" a process?

Best regards,

Xin Xin

xx_chen
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I don't know if it's relevant, but I was able to create a new dev space (took me hours). When I opened it I saw some log entries:
Snippet:

[1/4] Resolving packages...
info There appears to be trouble with your network connection. Retrying...
FW ERROR: The @sapflp/flp-editors failed to install because Unable to calculate tarball URL for @sapflp/flp-editors@0.9.0-20210207152958 npm package.
                  yarn info stdout: {"type":"info","data":"There appears to be trouble with your network connection. Retrying..."}
{"type":"info","data":"There appears to be trouble with your network connection. Retrying..."}
{"type":"info","data":"There appears to be trouble with your network connection. Retrying..."}

stderr: {"type":"error","data":"Received invalid response from npm."}

error Couldn't find package "@sap-ux/fiori-freestyle-writer@0.10.10" required by "@sap/generator-fiori@1.4.5" on the "npm" registry.
info Visit https://yarnpkg.com/en/docs/cli/global for documentation about this command.
FW ERROR: Failed to install the @sap/generator-fiori@1.4.5 module.
npm install --prefix /extbin/npm/globals -g @sapflp/generator-launchpad-module@1.18.0-20211222153136
npm ERR! code ECONNREFUSED
npm ERR! errno ECONNREFUSED
npm ERR! FetchError: request to https://common.repositories.cloud.sap/api/npm/flp-generator/@sapflp%2fgenerator-launchpad-module failed, reason: connect ECONNREFUSED 127.0.0.1:8887
npm ERR!     at ClientRequest.<anonymous> (/usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/node-fetch-npm/src/index.js:68:14)
npm ERR!     at ClientRequest.emit (events.js:400:28)
npm ERR!     at onerror (/usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/agent-base/index.js:101:9)
npm ERR!     at callbackError (/usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/agent-base/index.js:123:5)
npm ERR!     at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/task_queues.js:95:5)
npm ERR!  FetchError: request to https://common.repositories.cloud.sap/api/npm/flp-generator/@sapflp%2fgenerator-launchpad-module failed, reason: connect ECONNREFUSED 127.0.0.1:8887
npm ERR!     at ClientRequest.<anonymous> (/usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/node-fetch-npm/src/index.js:68:14)
npm ERR!     at onerror (/usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/agent-base/index.js:101:9)
npm ERR!     at callbackError (/usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/agent-base/index.js:123:5)
npm ERR!     at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/task_queues.js:95:5) {
npm ERR!   type: 'system',
npm ERR!   errno: 'ECONNREFUSED',
npm ERR!   code: 'ECONNREFUSED'
npm ERR! }
npm ERR! 
npm ERR! If you are behind a proxy, please make sure that the
npm ERR! 'proxy' config is set properly.  See: 'npm help config'

npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in:
npm ERR!     /home/user/.npm/_logs/2022-01-13T16_27_18_055Z-debug.log
RETRY - Failed to install the @sapflp/generator-launchpad-module module during the first try. Trying to reinstall it separately.
npm install --prefix /extbin/npm/globals -g @sapflp/generator-launchpad-module@1.18.0-20211222153136
npm ERR! code ECONNREFUSED
npm ERR! errno ECONNREFUSED
npm ERR! FetchError: request to https://common.repositories.cloud.sap/api/npm/flp-generator/@sapflp%2fgenerator-launchpad-module failed, reason: connect ECONNREFUSED 127.0.0.1:8887
npm ERR!     at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/task_queues.js:95:5)
npm ERR!  FetchError: request to https://common.repositories.cloud.sap/api/npm/flp-generator/@sapflp%2fgenerator-launchpad-module failed, reason: connect ECONNREFUSED 127.0.0.1:8887
npm ERR!     at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/task_queues.js:95:5) {
npm ERR!   type: 'system',
npm ERR!   errno: 'ECONNREFUSED',
npm ERR!   code: 'ECONNREFUSED'
npm ERR! }
npm ERR! 
npm ERR! If you are behind a proxy, please make sure that the
npm ERR! 'proxy' config is set properly.  See: 'npm help config'
Ivan-Mirisola
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi mqualizza,

On trial accounts you may experience some service disruption due to software updates, patching, bugs and other management tasks performed by SAP. If you are in fact using a trial account, the issue you are facing may be due to one of the above and would probably be temporary. My only suggestion is to way a couple of days and try starting the BAS workspace again. Another way would be to try using another account at a different region. I hope your projects were securely stored at a git repository - instead of relying just on the workspace filesystem.

If you are in fact running BAS on productive landscape, then I suggest opening a support ticket at SAP ASAP.

Best regards,
Ivan

MQUALIZZA
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Ivan,

thank you for response. It's a productive landscape.

Btw, i've checked the system status of BTP and everything seems up and running fine my environment.

So i'll open a ticket. I hoped there were a quick solution that i could do by myself.

Thanks in advance.

Matteo