Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bugs after Patch 27

jochen_spieth
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

this weekend I have applied PL 27 to all of my EP6 SP2 Components (J2EE, Platform and CM with HF1). There were some issues which came to my attention:

1. Especially the CM Patch 27 has a very long runtime (9hrs in my 2 CPU and 4GB RAM System). And if you have a look at the config.X.trc file in the server directory all the packages take exactly the same amount of time (+- a few seconds), no matter what size they are. No ohter Patch or Hotfix showed such a behaviour. Has anyone else experienced this?

2. The Log Admin (Logging Console) doesn't work anymore:

Portal Runtime Error

An exception occurred while processing a request for :

iView : pcd:portal_content/administrator/super_admin/super_admin_role/com.sap.portal.system_administration/com.sap.portal.monitoring/portal/com.sap.portal.logAdmin

Component Name : com.sap.portal.runtime.admin.logadmin.default

Unable to Find Method : name.

Exception id: 10:55_06/12/04_0059

See the details for the exception ID in the log file

Has anyone seen this, too? Or even found a soltion?

3. The Workset and Role Editor seem to have some problems too:

Portal Runtime Error

iView : com.sap.portal.appdesigner.framework.editorAreaFullLayout

Component Name : com.sap.portal.appdesigner.framework.editorAreaFullLayout

Error in executing a process for compilation, /usr/sap/EPI55/j2ee/j2ee_00/cluster/server/services/servlet_jsp/work/jspTemp/irj/root/WEB-INF/portal/portalapps/com.sap.portal.appdesigner.framework/work/jsp/_sapportalsjsp_editorareafull.java:67: cannot resolve symbol symbol : variable jspxth_log_checkbox_0 location: class jsp._sapportalsjsp_editorareafull jspxth_lyt_template_1.setParent(_jspx_th_log_checkbox_0); ^ 1 error .

Exception id: 11:00_06/12/04_0062

Anyone seen or solved that one?

Thanks and regards,

Jochen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jochen,

I have the same patch/hf-level, but none of these problems. I had a lot of others, but these arose by some portal changes in classloader usage, so that a Xerces implementation (which I had added in J2EEs additional-lib with reference to irj) became the used XML implementation instead of inqmy-xml. (For the portal having a many bugs concering xml, these now came up where inqmy 'solved' them by being implemented the same wrong way.)

Especially CM P27 it didn't take 9 hours, and I'm talking of a developer notebook, 1 GB, 1 CPU.

For your third issue I just compared my work/*.java file and saw that the line you gave I do not have. The most similar is

jspxth_lyt_template_0.setParent(null);

Please check if the corresponding JSPs have been updated by the patch?!

Also check you patch level of Basic Java Libs (15!?).

If all this does not solve your problem, I would open an OSS message, but - it's not directly dependent on this patch/hotfix

Hope it helps

Detlev

jochen_spieth
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Detlev,

thanks for the quick info. I will check the patch level of my Java Basic Libs and provide that latest info then.

Thanks and regards,

Jochen

jochen_spieth
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Detlev,

thanks a lot. It were the Basic java Libs....not it seems to work again.

Cheers,

Jochen

Former Member
0 Kudos

I still have this one instead of Loggin Console:

"An exception occurred while processing a request for :

iView : pcd:portal_content/administrator/super_admin/super_admin_role/com.sap.portal.system_administration/com.sap.portal.monitoring/portal/com.sap.portal.logAdmin

Unable to Find Method : name."

My Java Basic Libs are SP16.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

Yuri

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We have 2 portal systems that are identical except for the fact that in the production Portal we have the Error that is written above (Loggeradmin error). Both systems have Java Basic Libs version 15. Have I misunderstood that the problem is gone when I update them to 16 (then why is the other logger admin working) or is the problem corrected with the patch 28?

Thanks

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing the same problem. Our logging Console is not working and throwing the following error. Could you please help me.

Portal Runtime Error

The exception was logged. Inform your system administrator..

Exception id: 05:25_26/12/04_0006_7197650

Thanks

Vijay

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yuri, hi Vijay,

gone with Patch 28?

If not, please open a new thread including stack trace ("See the details for the exception ID in the log file"!).

Best regards

Detlev