cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Browser compatibility

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm testing my BSPs on Mozilla and I noticed that by default, the IE5 javascript files (sapUrMapi_ie5.js) are being used which obviously causes problems for Mozilla since it is based on NN.

I had a look at the thread -

As Max mentioned in the thread, I specified the device as 'NN6' for 'Others'. However, the default IE5 files are still being used.

As I debugged I noticed that the browser id is "NN6" and so is the device, but finally when the BSP is displayed, sapUrMapi_ie5.js is used.

Any help regarding this would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Rohini.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member181879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Duplicate thread. We will update other thread with relevant note.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you everyone for your helpful responses!

I initially replied to Connie's post since it was a related and open topic, however, when I realised I wouldn't be able to assign points for answers on her post, I started a new thread. Sorry for any inconvenience that might have caused.

We are running on SP41 which I believe should be the reason why things aren't working as expected. The top management is discussing upgrading to SP49 but the possibility might be low since we are soon to go live.

Meanwhile, as Brian suggested, I looked into CL_HTMLB_HEADINCLUDE and made similar changes there as well:

CASE headinclude->mc_browser_type.

WHEN ihttp_user_agent_ie.

IF headinclude->mc_browser_version < 600.

device = `ie5`.

ELSE.

device = `ie6`.

ENDIF.

WHEN ihttp_user_agent_nn.

IF headinclude->mc_browser_version < 700.

device = `nn6`.

ELSE.

device = `nn7`.

ENDIF.

*{ REPLACE R3DK907526 1

*\ WHEN OTHERS. device = `ie5`.

WHEN OTHERS. device = `nn6`.

*} REPLACE

ENDCASE.

The sapUrMapi_nn6.js is being used now as required. Everything works fine except for the cancelSubmit htmlbevent on the "Submit" button.

Code:

onClientClick = "if (!validate('save')) {htmlbevent.cancelSubmit=true;}"

The above code creates an empty htmlb event and hence the logic for "submit" button is not executed in the OnInputProcessing event.

onClientClick = "validate('save')"

The above code works fine but obviously submits the form even if the validation returns false.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,

Rohini.

former_member181879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please read again note 598860 (Browsers supported by BSP):

Design DESIGN2003 is supported for IE>=5.50, NN>=7.00, Mozilla>=1.7.5 (<b>starting SP49</b>) and Firefox>=1.0 (starting SP49).

Of course we had the code already active beforehand, but did not get the final golden shipment until SP49 time. Would seriously recommend the update. Especially if Mozilla is important for you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Brian, I guess its best to get the upgrade.

Regards,

Rohini.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

thomasalexander_ritter
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohini,

what SP level are you using? This week we got SP 50 and I am now able to run my BSP applications in firefox without any problems well I had to make the javascript in my applications compatible with firefox, too

Official firefox support for htmlb 2003 is available since SP 49 (<a href="http://service.sap.com/~form/handler?_APP=01100107900000000342&_EVENT=DISPL_TXT&_NNUM=598860">see the note</a>). Btw there is a nice <a href="/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/04/15/sap146s-browser-support-strategy-and-the-rationale-behind-it about sap's browser support strategy.

When you are already using the SP >=49 then I really have to take a look at this issue for myself.

regards

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohini,

I remember when Brian was telling on the same issue previously, that internally WAS searches for IE id .

search the forum and u can find out.

It is true that htmlb runs only on IE based browsers and not on NN based ones.

Regards,

Ankur