Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken pipe error in HCI

anurag_sinha3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi , We are getting below error in HCI :

javax.servlet.ServletException: Error during write of the response: , cause: java.io.IOException: Broken pipe.

But the end point where this error occurred is not connecting to any system.

below is the screenshot

error.jpg

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

vitor_lemberck
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Anurag,

The broken pipe error occurs when the client abruptly breaks the connection with the server based on the timeout that has been set from the client side.

1. The error suggests that the Sender system did not wait for the response which is sent from CPI. 2. Network error

Check why the Sender system did not wait for the response, e.g. is there a timeout set in the Sender system that is closing the connection before a response is received from CPI.

anurag_sinha3
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks,

Need little clarification - i have seen that Broken Pipe error comes when the total time for processing is more than 12 sec..

If suppose sender system didnot wait for the response when processing time is more than 12 sec then broken pipe error should come..

But what does it mean by when processing time is more than 18 secs and messages are successfully processing...

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member201041
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vitor/Anurag,

I am facing the same issue here, where I can see messages getting delivered to end point successfully but in CPI monitoring it shows :

javax.servlet.ServletException: Error during write of the response: , cause: java.io.IOException: Broken pipe

Flow description:

I have created a dummy flow to receive data in cpi from main iflow. I have increased the timeout to 10 minutes in https adapter while posting data in first iflow(main iflow). Data is being sent in grouping of 1000. The second flow where data is being received has http adapter at sender side. I see the data being received in less than 1 sec per batch. The total processing time taken in first flow is vary b/w 8-10 minutes. The messages are received successfully in second iflow but first iflow gives error as broken pipe.

Please let me know, if any other things has to be taken care.

Note:

i. General splitter is used local process

ii. process in pages has been used in design

Please guide. Thanks for your support.

Regards,

Raj

anurag_sinha3
Participant
0 Kudos

try to avoid extra logs -if have any

change transactional handling to not required

Anda
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

we face same issue and is because they request sent to CPI is an asynchronous ones and the response cannot be sent back. Most probably the sender adapter in CPI is a synchronous ones.