cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadcast to Email inconsistency

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All

I am facing a problem whem i am trying to broadcast as emial a WEB Template from Portal , as i am getting some content only

not the entire, example i have a heading which is missing in th PDF which i am trying to broadcast as email, where as logo and table(Analysis item) are present, so is there a way where in i can control or know to send only specific info into PDF and email to users?

Regards

VK

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183777
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Broadcast is effectively doing an export. Not all the information is converted to PDF when doing an export. Only certain Web Items are exported. So if you have created a text heading without using a web item, then it will not show in the exported / broadcast PDF. But if you created the heading using a text item it would.

You can easily figure out what the broadcast PDF will look like by testing with the export command. Look up help for export command to see what web items are converted to PDF.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Thank you for your reply it helped me solve my problem, awarded points.

I have one more question, can i pass any specific comments at run time while converting into PDF , as users try diferent drilldown options and save as PDF so to differentciate b/w all the different PDF generated during the various permutaions by selecting diferent options in Drill Down.

Regards

VK

former_member183777
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not sure if I understand your question completely. I don't know of a way for user comments to be exported of hand. You might want to explore the document link options. If you want to display the filters in effect, you can include the information web item. This will show all the filters in effect as result of user actions.