cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadcast report in HTML format via Mail !

Private_Member_24235
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I want to distribute a report as HTML file (not zipped) via Email to some users which are not connected to our BW system. Unfortunately I can not provide the MIME format to this user.

The report in the Email appears not formatted and a long source code is also included in the mail. Is it possible to send the report in a proper html format.

The BW release is 3.5.

I would be happy about some ideas.

Thank you in advance,

Stefanos from Munich

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefanos.

You could try to save the CSS from the MIME repository and save it on the user you broadcast the workbook to's PC in the same folder as he saves the HTML. I'm not sure this would work, but it's worth a try.

Hope it helps.

BR

Stefan

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I came across this problem in a previous company it was due to a firewall setting on the MS Server for a number of Users only, others where getting the report in the right format etc, Check on OSS as there are a number of Notes on this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stefanos.

Try to bring the CSS settings inside of report, coping it from the CSS file (from MIME repository) and pasting the code between a <STYLE></STYLE> tags. This will reproduce the report formating inside the email body.

It works with me.

Hope this help.

Henrique Teodoro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stefanos,

Did you try the *.mht (Independent HTML file) format.

It should be ok.

Hope it helps,

Gili

Private_Member_24235
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Gili,

that is what I did, but still I receive a not formatted email, regardless I have accepted HTML style email.

Thanks,

Stefanos