cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadcast problems - 7.x version

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masters,

We are facing a problem regarding Broadcast functionality. We are not able to perform one activity, send broadcast based on workbooks in 7x version, it works for 3x workbooks but not 7x. I am getting the following error:

"Begin MenuRefreshPrecalc File or assembly name BExAddin, or one of its depe endencies, was not found.Failed To Create BExConnet in MenuRefreshPrecalc Precalclulation in thread 7failed."

Really appreciate any kind of help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have solved the problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hernan,

could you please give us a hint about how you solved this issue.

We, now, face the same error too.

Thank you very much.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In our case we found out that there was problems on the Precalc Server. So we reinstall the precalculation over again but this time we have applied a .NET patch correcting some bug. After this you have to apply the latest BI sapgui patch as well as the latest Bex hotfixes.

That's it. I hope it helps.

Hernan T Aldunate

SAP Systems Administrator

Exxon Mobil - Business Support Center

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Hernan,

I will try to patch .NET framework and all BEx applications (although I think we have already done it).

This setup is getting more and more tedious every day...

Best regards,

Nacho.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

problem solved!

We have installed the Precalculation Server in a Windows 2003 server as a service.

The problem was that service was set to log on as "current user" by default. We changed this option in Administrative Tools -> Services -> SAP BW Precalculation Service to log on as a different user and everything works fine now.

I hope this helps someone.

Kind regards,

Nacho.

Answers (0)