cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BRFplus failed to launch in Netweaver 7.03

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Transaction BRFPLUS does not launch successfully in a fresh installed Netweaver 7.03 SP4.

A new IE window poped up but no content has been displayed.

How to fix it please? Any help will be appreciated.

Regards
Walter

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christianlechne
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Walter,

didi you activate the corresponding webdynpro services in the transaction SICF. The services start with FDT and essentially you need the service FDT_WD_WORKBENCH to get access to the BRF+ workbench.

BR

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Christian.

You provided a great hint. Yes, I didn't set anything about WebDynpro Services since it's a fresh installation.

After seeing your reply, I did the following things:

1. Activated all the required services for WebDynpro according to SAP note 1088717.

2. Activated all FDT* services as suggested. (Some docs says only FDT_WD_WORKBENCH, FDT_WD_OBJECT_MANAGER and FDT_WD_CATALOG_BROWSER are essential).

3. Run SMICM to start HTTP service with port 8080.

4. I tried to add HTTPS with port 443 without success. The error message is as below.

Then I tried to launch BRFplus again, it's good to see logon page but I still cannot log in.

There is no response after I entered correct login information.

Therefore, three questions here.

1. It's really slow to open logon on page. Any reason why?

2. Why the logon is not working?

3. There is a logon section in FDT_WD_WORKBENCH service setting. What is its function and how does it influence the BRFplus logon page?

Anybody can kindly throw some more light please?

Kind Regards

Walter

carsten_ziegler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you use WebDynpro for the first time it may happen that the session times out several times due to warming up of buffers. This could also be the reason why the logon page comes up slowely.

Additionally, there are settings you may use to tweak WD ABAP such as the timeout period.

christianlechne
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Walter,

I am no expert for ICF maintenance, nevertheless here a screenshot how the ICM is configured in a 7.03 system where BRF+ is up and running:

Concerning the service configuration/Logon Data you can find some information here:

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/78/9852b1c06b11d4ad310000e83539c3/content.htm

The standard procedure as a setting is ok (same in our system).

Concernig your question why you cannot log on: I would contact one of your SAP basis admins to set up the WD environment, because imho your scenario is due to problems/errors in your WD environment set up

BR

Christian 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem Resolved.

The cause was Webdynpro was not configured.

The solution is  "step by step configuration for running webdynpro in sap netweaver 7.01 sr1 sr3 abap" which I found by google.

Thanks everyone for the kind support.

Answers (0)