cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPS User-Specific Variables by Web

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm triyng to setup a CC planning interface for my company.

I configured the levels and layouts and they work fine.

I run the interface with the planning folders and everything works fine but when I setup the Web Interface tha layout stops working. The message is something like "Variable XXXX can't be specified".

I'm using user specific variables in the planning level so every user can only see and modificate certain CCs.

Any ideas?

Thank you very much.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can do a test:

create another folder without webable, I am sure the folder will work correcly.

If it work corretly.

Do the follwoing:

Now check all the characteristic in your header, some of them is not define with vaiable (blank) or check if the variable has value be define.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi:

The problem I have is that we need a Web Interface.

My planning folders work correctly but when I export to Web the layouts fail to load.

Thanks anyway

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alejandro,

Have you tried setting the variable value in BPS0 set variable and save before going to the web interface?

In Planning folders, if the value is not set, a little popup list would come up for you to select but that is not available for web interfaces. If one tried to go into a layout and the required variable is not set, it would give you that error messsage. You might need a generic - entry/selection layout as the initial jump off point or make sure the variables are set going in.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mary:

Thanks for your reply.

I set up the variables at BPS0 and saved but the Web Interface still doesn't work.

Although your suggestion makes a lot of sense. Could you please explain the generic entry selection layout in detail.

Thank you very much.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alejandro,

Sorry, I had been at a new client this week doing a review and it is long hours so have not checked back.

The other discussions groups I participate on is e-mail based so only checking here when I have a block of time.

What type of cost center variable are you using? on 0costcenter or on the hierarhcy? Are you using variable with user specific value or with of type authorization or something else?

did you configure the web interface using web enabled layout or using Web interface buillder?

Mary

Answers (0)