cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPS -STS 'Status and Tracking' (URGENT)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Quick question for Mark B,

I have a customer demo on Monday and would appreciate any feedback on this.

In STS, when a superior 'Approves' an employees work they have to select the 'Open Planning' button to first view the data, before they actually press the 'Approve' button. However, when they view the data, they also have ability to change the data entered by the employee.

How would it be possible in the above scenario to only allow the Manager to just display data without ability to change the data entered by the employee.

Regards, Marinos

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member93896
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Marinos,

if the manager must not change any data, just assign queries to him in STS and no layouts.

Regards

Marc

SAP NetWeaver RIG

PS: Please do not address issues directly to me (or anyone else for that matter). There are other people here that are also very knowledgable. Although I'm monitoring the forum regularly, there is no guarantee that I will do so, read and answer everything. Thanks.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

You will have much more tasks which could not all be solved by the system (technical).

Have you checked the possibility to assign a different layout (only view data) to the manager?

Prepare the people that they have also to follow business rules e.g. approval only should be done after the employee has "send for approval".

After "send for approval" the data should be locked also for the manager until he/she reopen by "back for review".

Dieter