cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPS Planning Layout - hiding columns

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a business requirement to have an output layout that shows the cost center plan on a quarterly basis. Since I don't have a separate characteristic for the Quarter, I want to use the Posting Period instead. The problem is that I can not choose an interval (like 1 to 3, 4 to 6 etc.) in the planning. layout.

One way to get around this would be to create columns for each posting period and formula columns that show the quarterly values. Finally, if I can make the layout show only the formula columns (each representing Quarter 1,2,3 and 4), that would work just fine.

So, my question is that: is there a way to hide a

column(s) in the planning layout for the web interface?

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member588240
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can create a char. variable with quarter period values (posting period 003,006,009,012) and use this variable or make dynamic period setting in your layout. You can store the quarterly values under the corresponding quarter.

Thanks,

Ganesh Shankar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nataraj,

thank you very much for the input.

I was able to find a very helpful tip in an SDN discussion thread. If you use Excel format, you can set the column width to 0 (3rd. screen of Plng. Layout) so that the columns won't show in the planning results. For web interface, you need to use Excel in Place to make it work.

Baris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

Thanks for the suggestion. But what I am trying to do is to make it work without having to create a new (Quarter) characteristics.

I wonder if there is any way, in web interface or plng. layout settings, to make some columns disappear.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create a hierarchy for the period, to show the quarters as the Hier node. Use this hierarchy, so that when collapsed it show only quarters.

HTH,

Regards,

Nataraj.

former_member588240
Contributor
0 Kudos

Message deleted by Ganesh Shankar

Message was edited by: Ganesh Shankar