cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPS Allocation Function

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I'm trying to make my BPS Allocation Function works in the following way. For example:

Sender:

Cost element 7770005 Profit Center 50003 & 50004

Amount 15K & 10K

Receiver: Cost Element 9982401 Profit Center 50005 & 50006

25% & 75% therefore 6250 & 18750

Result Expected:

1. Be able to keep my original amounts from the sender.

2. Account posting (offsetting) on Cost Element 9982401 Profit center 50003 & 50004 Amount -15K & -10K

Is there a way to run the allocation function without zero out the original amounts?

If the Allocation Function is not the solution, do you guys have any solution on how to accomplish the same results?

The Distribution function does not have amounts only factors (Percentages %).

P.S. User Exit is the last option.

Thank you very much,

Heverton

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Marc, Mary,

First off, I'd like to let you know that I found your responses very informative. Thank you for your contributions.

Note: 5/23/05 0652 MST

I have re-posted the question that I had asked here separately, under a new note.

Thank you for your time

Message was edited by: Anand Murthy

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I Guess the main thing to look for to distinguish the functionalities of these 2 planning functions is the allocation zeroes out the original while distribution frm sender to reciever revereses the original posting and splits the amount into distribution buckets.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Heverton,

Allocation by its nature takes the sender and re-distribute to the receiver, leaving senders 0.

If you need to keep the original amount, you need Distribute by Key from Sender to Recipient function I think (sorry don't have a system right now so cannot be sure) or if you need to know the original amount as a trace, keep it in another key figure by copying.

Sometimes we create a factors/ driver cube to store this values since these % are configuration and changeable so you don't really know if a previous version from 6 months ago or a year ago is using these factors or different factors...

Hope this helps,

former_member93896
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Heverton,

use the function mentioned by Mary. You don't need an additional key figure. The function have an option called "Retain sender values" that you can set in the parameter group.

Regards,

Marc

SAP NetWeaver RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Marc for the addition.

I was flying purely on memory and there were subtle differences between the 4 distribution functions but I was not sure without going on the system.

We had the need on one project to store the allocation % as drivers rather than config in the distribution function since they want to know/track the actual allocation % used for the time or version..