cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPM vs. Guided Procedures

Former Member
0 Kudos

Performance wise which is best to use BPM or Guided Procedures? in integrating with NetWeaver Portal 2004s?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

May be this blog might be helpful...

/people/ginger.gatling/blog/2008/02/12/workflow-in-sap-netweaver

Regards,

<i><b>Raja Sekhar</b></i>

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

BPM is used in those cases when it can be done by manual integrators as well in the real time scenario.

It is preferred when we want to communicate within the system.iebusiness processes within a application.

they perform process exceution via interactive forms via : online.

guided procedures : Guided Procedures is the tool to build the process flow.

Guided Procedures is a framework for modeling and managing processes that involve access to multiple backend systems.

Guided Procedures are designed to implement business processes with greater ease and speed across multiple applications.

Guided Procedures enables users without specialized software development skills to easily set up and execute collaborative business processes.

Guided Procedures allows the invocation of various types of applications and services within a process (Web Dynpro, external service, RFC’s…)

Guided Procedures navigates the user through UI-driven, people centric, distributed and collaborative business processes.

Guided Procedures enables offline process execution via Interactive Forms.

both are used for serving different purposes.Performance wise it depends on the requirement for which both are used.

i hope this information is useful to you.

Regards,

Saujanya

former_member4529
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Typically the broad difference between ccBPM and CAF GP was the former doesn't support processes with human tasks involved and the later does. But according to the informations published in SDN regarding PI 7.1 releasing shortly the new ccBPM will support human tasks or interactive processes as well. That closes the gap between ccBPM and GP considerably. Then why to have two diferent framework for process management? But on the contrary we see ccBPM is based on a standard called BPEL while CAF GP doesn't follow any such standards as its base. Again we can model a ccBPM process in ARIS though there is no way to "model" a CAF GP process. What we can do there is design and implementation.

These are some of the long-standing questions I have and hope someone from SAP can answer these.

Thanks,

Dipankar

MSiegmund
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

>These are some of the long-standing questions I have and hope someone from SAP can answer these.

Same here. And with the new Galaxy coming up, the field of workflowtechnologies gets even scatterbrained...