cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPM for n:1 Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All Experts,

I just want to develop a scenario where records are picked up by JDBC adapter and sends it to other system (File Adapter) and to BPM. and BPM after receiving a records from JDBC will wait for a message(File name ) from system where File is created. and once it receives a messages from both JDBC and File System. it(BPM) will update the filename field in JDBC system for all those records which are picked up.

Plz suggest me and give some example to create this Scenario.

Thanks & Regards,

Vanita

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the BPM patterns defined under IR --> SAP BASIS SWCV --> Collect Pattern.

You should have FORK as the starting block having two branches and then each branch having a receive step.....outside the FORK will be your N:1 Transformation step.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Abhishek,

Will you plz provide any such link where this type of Scenario is created.

Regards,

Vanita Jain

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vanita,

Don't mistake me for asking the same question...As we discussed in the other thread - you are saying only if the file got created then you need to update the JDBC with the file name correct?

Consider the below scenarios

You are creating a file - Successfully got created - Got Positive Ack (Filename got sent back to JDBC adapter

You are creating a file - Connectivity issue - Got Negative Ack (What you have to do here) -- You have to keep in mind that we have IS_RETRY LIMIT , so if it fails first time , it will retry the next time after some interval(let say 5 mins).You can't say ok, I got negative ACK so File haven't got created there is a chance that the file can be created after few mins too. So I would consider you to re- design your BPM Scenario.

For example

BPM -1

DB1 -->(JDBC Adapter) --> PI --> (File Adapter) --> File System1

BPM -2

File System1 --> PI --> (JDBC Adapter -Send Filename) --> DB1

Do you think this is feasible?

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raj,

I m new to XI and trying the same Scenario in different ways.

I have done with the Earlier way of developing this Scenario using Transport Acknowledgement.

And thanks for suggesting me the other way of doing that, but i have already done with it. so thought of doing the same with BPM and tried above way(Transport Acknowledgement).

But now i want the same Scenario to be develop through BPM using Correlation and Fork.

So i just want any such example.......

Plz help

Thanks & Regards,

Vanita

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you checked this help section: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/EN/0e/56373f7853494fe10000000a114084/content.htm

the same pattern is also developed in your IR/ ESR --> SAP BASIS SWCV --> http://sap.com/xi/XI/System/Patterns namespace.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Answers (0)