cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPE_ADAPTER error on async BPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to build the Collect Time-Dependent scenario in BPM and I'm getting a BPE_ADAPTER error. This is our first attempt at using BPM. The error says Unknown_Message, "No object type found for this message" and is part of category XI Adapter. I am trying to receive an IDoc, map it to a file structure, and append the file structure to a list. After a set time period has elapsed, I want to FTP the collected data file to the destination. I deleted everything from the process except the receive and send steps and I still get the error. It appears to be happening in the Call Adapter step in the XI pipeline. Any idea what could be wrong?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member185751
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lisa,

Besides checking what Amanda has told you, do the following:

<i>1.In the XI Runtime Cache choose Integration Processes. Check if the process is listed and if its return code is 0. If the return code is not equal to 0, select the process and choose Repeat Activation.

2. Check the conditions defined in the process.

3. Check transaction SWF_XI_CUSTOMIZING. For all entries the status must be green.</i>

Also Make sure you have "Receiver Determination" properly configured. Try reactivating it. Check in you SXMB_MONI to see what the Receiver Column value is.

Regards,

Sridhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar,

Thanks for taking the time to help me out. I followed the steps suggested. Here's what I found:

In the XI Runtime Cache, the return code is 2. I ran a syntax check and it gives me an error that says "Data types 'SWF_STRING' and " are not compatible." When I click on the error, it goes to my container operation append step. How do I resolve this to get this return code to 0? I found note 627171 that talks about this error, but I don't see a ' or " defined anywhere.

Also, I ran SWF_XI_CUSTOMIZING and all entries under Maintain Runtime Environment are green. The Maintain Definition Environment heading is red because the Check Entries from HR Control Tables step under it is red. Do only the runtime ones have to be green or ALL of them?

Lastly, in SXMB_MONI, the Receiver column is blank, but the Receiver Service is correct.

Can you offer any follow-up advice?

Thank you,

Lisa

former_member185751
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lisa,

There is one more SAP note which talks about this SWF_STRING stuff.....but i dont remember the OSS note number now. I will get it for you on monday.

Try the following:

Select your integration process from SXI_CACHE and click on the "activate" button.You will be navigated to the next screen. In this second screen, there will be an option to "delete" this process. Delete it.

Then make a change to your integration process in repository say for e.g. add and remove description.And Save and activate it.

Now check the status of the Integration process in SXI_CACHE to see whether the return code is 0.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Sridhar

Message was edited by: Sridhar Rajan Natarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sridhar,

I was able to activate the process and get the zero return code in SXI_CACHE. I had to provide a developer's key in order for it to activate correctly. I'm no longer getting the BPE_ADAPTER error.

Thanks for the help,

Lisa

former_member185751
Contributor
0 Kudos

Glad to know !!

Regards,

Sridhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check your status in SXI_CACHE - make sure it activated correctly. We had a similar issue prior to SP11.