cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOE on multi domain

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am planning to install BOE XI 3.1 on a windows server. It is a multi domain environment, so what are the important things I need to concentrate, for example opening up firewall, etc.

Is there any documents available for this, please guide.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

BasicTek
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

multi domain is not much of an issue, by default any domain joined to a single forest is automatically trusted bi-directionally. The only snags sometimes are with dns. We have a KB (search usefqdnfordirectoryservers) that will take care of that.

I don't know why you would firewall off your domains if they are joined in the same forest, this would prevent basic microsoft services from running as well. Another rule of thumb is that BOE simply runs on top of Microsoft and uses Microsoft API calls. If it works in Microsoft then we should be ok.

Now if you are using muliple forests then we have a KB on that as well (search multiple forests zie) In that case the forests must have a 2-way forest trust, be 2003 or above functional level, and basically act as 1 forest to our product. The rule here is if you don't trust a forest then BO will either not be able to query it or allow logins from it as we again use Microsoft API calls which require these things to be in place.

KB's can be searched in service market place. Also see KB 1261835 for setting up SSO on java.

Regards,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Tim, I am trying to find the KB article using the search criteria "use fqdn for directory servers" and "multiple forest" but didnt find any article related to multiple domain. Please help.

If it is a multiple forest then what steps need to be followed to make a 2 way trust forest. Is that we need to open up any ports?.

Regards, Guru

Edited by: GuruAdmin on May 21, 2010 6:55 AM

BasicTek
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

1323391 - What are the requirements to perform SSO or manual authentication from multiple AD forests in XI 3.1

1199995 - Error: "The Active Directory Authentication plug in could not authenticate at this time" (FQDN registry key)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Tim, this KB article would help. I will follow as in the article and lets see how it goes.

Thanks, Guru