Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BODS to BW data movement

deepesh_kumar
Participant
0 Kudos

hi

We are moving data from SQL table to BW.

The process is - 1 SQL row data - 2 BODS data transformation - 3 Staging in BODS - 4 BW (Using info package trigger)

So I am looking for options available to trigger the BW infopackage from the BODS side. I am using BW 7.X data source on the receiving side.

BODS - 4.0

BW 7.30

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

deepesh_kumar
Participant
0 Kudos

Any inputs?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepesh,

As you mention that you are in BODS 4.0 and BW 7.3 environment, BODS supports option to trigger the BW InfoPackage from BODS. Once you trigger BODS job in BODS side, the data will be moved to SAP BW PSA, then you can trigger the DTP in BW side to fuhrer move the date to target layer in BW side.

Also please elaborate that what your looking, so i can help you more.

Thanks,

Ramakrishna Kamurthy

deepesh_kumar
Participant
0 Kudos

To give some background -

Step 1

At BODS level - connect 5 SQL table using LookUP function and then putting into one staging SQL table.

Step 2

I need to moved  this staged data from SQL to BW PSA. Using 3.x infosource object, I am able to move it to PSA.

With 7.X datasource object currently I am getting the error attached below. So I am doing this by manually triggering the infopackage at the BW side. I am looking for this also to be triggered from the BODS side, to avoid two step process.

Let me know your thoughts.

Any ref of wiki / blog / how to - also would be really helpful.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepesh,

The issue is because of bug in the BODS version and that was resolved in next version. So please upgrade your BODS version.

Alternatively you can overcome this by making one more field as primary key in table AL_BW_REQUEST in BODS Repository Database.

For reference, you check the below SAP Notes:

Note 1 : 1776056

Note 2 : 1700162

Note 3 : 1944403

Thank,

Ramakrishna Kamurthy

deepesh_kumar
Participant
0 Kudos

That is surprising as we are on BO DS 4.0 Support Pack 3 Patch 5 – Release date 29-Aug-2013

deepesh_kumar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ramakrishna,

Thanks for your valuable suggestion (Alternatively you can overcome this by making one more field as primary key in table AL_BW_REQUEST in BODS Repository Database).

It worked well, now the primary key issue is not happening. However the second issue is still persisting.

(14.0) 11-27-13 11:55:58 (E) (7892:6244) BAP-220301: |Data flow DF_LOAD_EXPSQL11

BAPI returned message <Error 518 (RSM): Request number is invalid

> from method <BAPI_DSOURCE_SEND_CHAR>.

(14.0) 11-27-13 11:55:58 (E) (7892:6244) BIW-230102: |Data flow DF_LOAD_EXPSQL11

Load data to BW failed: Infosource <TEST_BODSEXP005_SHS> for source system <DED_BODS> failed at packet <999999>. Error is: BAPI

returned message <Error 518 (RSM): Request number is invalid

> from method <BAPI_DSOURCE_SEND_CHAR>.

(14.0) 11-27-13 11:55:58 (E) (7892:6244) BIW-230108: |Data flow DF_LOAD_EXPSQL11

Load data to BW failed: RequestID = <>, Packet Number = <>, Error =  .

(

Any suggestion is highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Deepesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepesh,

This is the issue at BW side, for reference check the sap note 1783453

Thanks,

Ramakrishna Kamurthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramakrishna,

Can pls let me know which field in table AL_BW_REQUEST in BODS Repository Database, I need to select as primary key. Can I pick Type or Value column from the same table.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Select any additional one column to overcome this issue, for more details check the SAP Note 1783453.

Thanks,

Ramakrishna Kamurthy

Answers (0)