cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BODS JOB Working in Debugging but not in direct run

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

One of my BODS JOB Working fine in debugging but when I run it directly or from DSMC it will through below error.

This DF has below component:

Any Idea what is the problem?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thanks for your support. Finally I found my own solution to this issue.

Cause: DF might have got corrupted and it will not show in syntax check or anywhere else.

Every time we replicate DF and try to run this problems in original DF carried forward to new                DF  also.

Solution:

1) Create a new Data Flow and NOT replicate

2) Copy the Data Flow logic from defective DF to new one and run.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

santossh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Adarsh,

In the Datastore can you set the option Execute the job in background to No and then try executing the job.

Regards- Santosh G.

former_member198401
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is because you have set the option Join as a separate Process, Order by as a separate process , Distinct as a separate process, Group By as a separate process etc in Advanced tab of Query transform. You need to check all the query transforms in the data flow and uncheck those options .

Try this and let me know

Regards

Arun Sasi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

No, No such check box is marked.

former_member198401
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you check all the Query Transforms carefully...Also check if the option is checked in any of the lookups...we also have Run as a separate process for lookup function...

What is your target Database and operating System. usually this kind of error I faced was on Oracle database and UNIX Job server

Regards

Arun Sasi

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, No lookup's are used. target DB is oracle. 

former_member198401
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok!!

As a workaround you can do the below changes

1) Change the Data Flow property in the job to ‘Pageable’ from ‘In-Memory’

2) Add the below line to the DSConfig file on the job server under the [AL_ENGINE] section and see if that helps

NamedPipeWaitTime = 500

*****CAUTION*****

Always back up dsconfig.txt file

former_member106536
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Did you use Copy & Paste to get any of the transforms into this dataflow from another dataflow(s)?

unless they've fixed the bug ... this is one of my first go to's for helping my co-workers debug their spaghetti flows.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes, I might have copied from one of my own DF. original DF may not be used any more. are you suggesting me to check the syntax in  original DF? is there any other alternative to fix this issue as I am not sure which one was original DF?

former_member106536
Active Participant
0 Kudos

If you copy / paste objects from another dataflow, it can often corrupt the dataflow they're placed in.  You might be able to see these errors in the exported ATL, but you cannot see them in the flow in designer.

As Dirk said, your best bet is to split it up and test it progressively.  If you do find your issue, I do suggest bringing in new query transforms and copying the column mappings over (if needed).  If you unhook the input side of a string of transforms before copying, this may get you around the bug. 

I also do not believe that putting a query transform after a map transform is allowed?  I thought the query would change the transaction type to insert, ignoring the map operation.

former_member187605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What do you mean by "working fine in debugging "? Can you really run it till the end, or to a couple of steps at the breakpoint?

The problem is most probably memory-related. The flow design is just crazy. It goes against all best practices. It's a miracle you got the logic right. I hope you did.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ya, I am able to run till end. I just ran the job in debugging without break point. It works. Is there any configuration difference possible in debugging and direct run?

former_member187605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That's very annoying. Because it's clearly a bug in the software then. And SAP Support won't be happy with that flow as a reproducible case.

i from my side can only recommend to simplify the design to increase the chances of successful execution.