Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BODS DS job trigger from excel macro

former_member535495
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We need to trigger the BODS batch job from Excel Macro code, for we tried using the export execution command to download the .sh/.bat file and executed it directly in the job server but didn't succeed in a job trigger (the job was not executed).

Please let me know if I am doing anything wrong? or is it possible to trigger the BODS batch job from Excel Macro code?

Thanks,

Girish Lakhani

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Julian_Riegel
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi there,

while I have not done that myself yet - have you checked this blogpost?

https://answers.sap.com/questions/697187/is-there-a-way-to-execute-bods-batch-jobs-using-ex.html

former_member535495
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Julian,

We have tried this but didn't work, even we are not able to execute batch file in job sever.

Thanks,

Girish Lakhani

Julian_Riegel
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Girish,

this is strange. Can you try executing the batch file directly within a job with script in the Designer?

Create a new Job including only a script and paste the following code replacing the <Job_name> with the file name of the batch and if necessary change the path aswell to where the file is located on the jobserver:

exec(‘C:\ProgramData\SAP BusinessObjects\Data Services\log\<Job_name>.bat’,’ ‘, 8);
former_member535495
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Julian,

This command is working fine in DS designer.

Could you please let me how I execute the batch file using the AL_RWJOBLAUNCHER program in excel?

I am getting the following data in the batch file created in the job server. Do I need to change anything in the batch file?

/opt/sap/dataservices/bin/AL_RWJobLauncher "/opt/sap/dataservices/log/<Job-Server>/" -w "inet:<Job-Server>:3500" -C "/opt/sap/dataservices/log/ZTDSJOB.txt".

Thanks,

Girish Lakhani

Julian_Riegel
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Girish,

so are you now able to trigger the .bat file even without DS Designer straight from the Jobserver itself?

Make sure you are executing the batch either with the Systemuser or with administrative privileges. Once the batch is triggered there should be a file generated that is called "AL_RWJobLauncherLog.txt" within the <CommonDir>/DataServives/log folder. What does the log say?

For the content of the .bat file, I would've expected something like:

/opt/sap/dataservices/bin/AL_RWJobLauncher.exe "/opt/sap/dataservices/log/<Job-Server>/" -w "inet:<Job-Server>:3500" -C "/opt/sap/dataservices/log/ZTDSJOB.txt"
former_member535495
Participant

Hi Julian,

Thanks for your help!!

We have used OpenSSH to connect with the job server and then using Excel Macro we have passed the job execution command. Now it is working as expacted.

Thanks,

Girish Lakhani

Julian_Riegel
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Girish,

great to hear and glad it is working now as you intended!

Best regards

Julian