Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BO4 - user doesn't see Inbox of all users when trying to scheduled

former_member272336
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

User scedulingh a report and only sees a few Inboxes.

Have granted schedule access on Inbox to group user belong sto.

Still they don't see it.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Philip,

Does that user have authorizations to view all other users as well (users & groups, top level)?

Best regards,

Victor

former_member272336
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

Nothing explictly granted.

Notice on Users and Groups there is Administrators and Users with advanced access levels by default.

Do we need to grant access to the all users to that group and is view sufficient to allow them to select another users inbox as a destintion to schedule?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think the list that you mention is exactly this (step 1). Later on they also need rights on the others users inboxes.

Best regards,

Victor

former_member272336
Participant
0 Kudos

thanks for advice.

granted vioew access to users to the group concerned.

What access would tehy need to Inboxes - I'm thinking the schedule proess on teh server will be one that actually puts the docs in the Inbox?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Philip,

You will need Add objects to the folder rights to the inbox and Schedule to destination rights granted for the users to schedule to other users inbox. Please see the screen capture..

former_member272336
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for advice.

Assume if gave rthe schedule access level to the group concerned to top level Inboxes (i.e. all Inboxes) that would be suffcient.

Would you agree?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Schedule access to top level folder only will not be sufficient....Schedule access will give users to schedule to their own inbox however

Add objects to folder access to the inboxes are needed to schedule to others inboxes..

former_member272336
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for advice.

One qusetion have though is given the schedule process itself will be the one running the report would that not be suffciient - could understand if user themselves wanted to sned to the Inbox directly immediately.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not sure if I understand your question completely..

With schedule access users can schedule report to any location they have wright access to like their own inbox, file system etc but to write to anyone else inbox they need access to wright to that folder which is granted by add objects to folder right.. hope that clarifies your question..

former_member272336
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for reply

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you explain what exactly you meant by "User scedulingh a report and only sees a few Inboxes" ?

User should be able to see only his own inbox not the inbox for other users.. if the access granted to see the inbox for all users for everyone group he can see the inbox for all but that appears in as a separate user folder in the public folders..

former_member272336
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

When right clicking docuemnt to set up a schedule, they are selecting Bi Inbox

and the Inboxes they see are limitted to a few users.

We wish them to have ability to schedule to any user Inbox.

How can this be achieved

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are these users part of his own group?  Any thing peculiar for these user whose inbox is visible?

can the user search for other user inbox and see them?