cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BO4 SP04 (including FP3) - genereal release?

former_member272336
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Looking in dowbload basket can see BO4 SP04 (including FP3).

Size of file approx 2.5 GB.

Understand can install this on top of BO4 SP2 but will it install the new features of FP3 e.g intergating LCM with CMC or just the fixes to FP3?

Many Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Derek_Fox
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Philip

I've been part of the BI 4.0 FP3 Rampup program.

Regarding FP3:

Certain of the new features of FP3 is installed by default, i.e. LCM integrated with the CMC, however some of the new features, i.e. Action to Insight, RESTFul web services, etc... are not installed since these did not exist previously. To install the new features, one has to do a change to the installation.

The procedure was for FP3, to install the BI 4.0 FP3 Update on BI 4.0 SP02, then run the full FP3 install to change the installation to install the new features and then apply the FP3 patches thereafter.

The BI 4.0 SP04 can be installed (upgrade) on top of BI 4.0 SP02. The SP04 includes FP3 patches 1 through to 5 (I did a comparison between the release notes of FP3 Patch 6 and SP04) also confirmed by OSS Note: 1721866 - What Maintenance Releases Roll Up To BI4.0 Feature Pack 03 and Support Pack 04.

I am currently busy downloading the BI 4.0 SP04 software and documentation so I can test in my LAB environment the procedures and options (also identify issues) for applying SP04 to the actual Development, Quality and Production systems.

Also have a look at the Update Installation and Deployment Guide for BI 4.0 SP04 available on help.sap.com > Analytics > All products > English > (scroll down to find the document). Page 13, Section 3.1 Update Installation Scenarios

Regards

Derek

Message was edited by: Derek Fox

former_member272336
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

You mention it includes FP3 patches 1 to 5.

Notice the note says it includes FP3 as well.

Do you know if it includes fixes to SP2 as well.

Thanks

Derek_Fox
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Philip

SP04 includes the following:

• BI 4.0 SP2 Patch 16 (Cumulative patch of 1 to 16) fixes
  • BI 4.0 FP3
  • BI 4.0 FP3 Patch 5 (Cumulative patch of 1 to 5) fixes

BI 4.0 SP2 Patch 17 and FP3 Patch 6 was not included in SP04, will be available in the next update to SP04.

Regards

Derek

former_member272336
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for update.

Do you know when SP04 will also be available as base install?

Derek_Fox
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Philip

At the moment I am not sure, I'll see what I can find out.

Regards

Derek

former_member272336
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks

Derek_Fox
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Philip

The reply I received is that the full install of SP04 is in the works.

Regards

derek

Answers (0)