Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BO 4.2 Upgrade from BO 4.2 SP3 to BO 4.2 SP5

former_member303963
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

We need to upgrade from BO4.2 SP3 Patch 13 to BO4.2SP5 Patch 2.

My question is:

Do we need to apply first BO4.2 SP5 Upgrade and then BO4.2 SP5 Patch 2 patch

or

We just directly install BO4.2SP5 Patch 2 patch ?

Thank you very much,

Jose Manuel.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ayman_salem
Active Contributor

Hi,

Why update to SP5, not the latest SP6-patch 200.

With the new "One Installer" begin with "4.2 SP06 & Above" you can carry out the update in a single step.

see SAP Note 2671301 - 4.2SP06: What is the ONE Installer and where can I find it ?

What are benefits of using ONE Installer ?

Below are a few advantages of using the One Installer :

• New customers can update to the latest Patch level of the latest available Support Package in a single step.
  • Existing customers can eliminate the step of updating the landscape to a Support Pack level before patching.
  • Save approximately 50% of the install time since two steps of patching are reduced to one step.
  • Reduced production downtime during updates, for end users.
  • Perform validation and testing only once after updating to the required Support Package or Patch.
  • Better maintenance experience for BI Platform administrators.
  • There is no need to request for a combined installer explicitly starting SP06.

Hope that answers your question

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

vamshidharmitta
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

From the End user point of view, running setup.exe from one installer is same as running it from packages folder as earlier.(Benefits of One installer are mentioned in the above posts).

Once the installer launches, functionality is same.

Thanks,

Vamshidhar

Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have two redundant, clustered servers (each have a CMS server but same CMS database) with a pair of web tier servers. Are there any considerations when updating this type of deployment with the ONE installer?

Thanks,

Mike Gaynor

former_member303963
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ayman,

I need to update to BO4.2 SP5 since our customer has this version in production.

I understand that if I don't user the ONE installer, I wil have to do te installation in two steps. Is it true?

Another question. Since we are upgrading to a new SP, do we need to request another license?

ayman_salem
Active Contributor

Exactly, if you perform a SP update other than SP06, you must perform the two-step update (support pack level, then patching).

For your second question, you do not need to request another license. (Only if you update from a version prior to 4.2 SP3, you will need to request a new license)