Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Binding gets refreshed while saving the Task

PritamKunal
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts...

I have got a new problem. Every time when i am doing binding of method in a task, binding gets refreshed while saving the task. Even if i am creating new task binding gives me problem. I have tried searching for OSS notes but i could not find it. Is there any OSS notes exist for the same or there is any problem with the settings in SAP.

Can anyone help me for the same.

Helpful answer will be awarded...

Thanks in advance

Pritam Kunal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pritam,

<b>Check if your method is asynchronous</b>.(You can check this by double clicking on the task, it will take you to standrd task display. <b>below there is check box for Synchronous object method.</b>

If this check box is not set (Ie. No 'X') then its asynchrounous.

<b>Asynchronous methods cannot return any values, so no binding will be saved.</b>

Reward if it helps.

Thanks

Praveen

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check you are returning some value from Method. Try to test in SWO1. I think you might be reading some value from Task and then returning that value from method which should not be required. First try to test method from SWO1.

<b>Reward points if useful</b>

KKilhavn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am currently experiencing the same problem

Here is some information about my task in case it rings a bell with anyone:

- calls an ABAP Objects class method

- is marked as a synchronous method

- is <u>not</u> marked as background method

- one mandatory importing parameter and two export parameters defined for the method (all referencing the same table type)

It does not matter if I bind only the mandatory import parameter or the import and export parameters. Everything is lost either way.

In addition to the binding not being saved I am constantly asked if missing elements should be copied (to the task container).

<i><b>Message was edited at 18:11 by Kjetil Kilhavn:</b></i>

OK, I have done some experimenting. Changed the parameters of the method to pass by value. The binding information was then stored. So I thought my problem was solved....

However, the workflow didn't work as anticipated. I checked the workflow log and debugged and discovered that the data are passed correctly from the triggering event to the workflow container, and from the workflow container to the task container. However, in the method, the table is empty.

OK, new attempt. I deleted my own container elements from the task and answered yes to the "copy missing ..." in the task definition. The container elements in the workflow were kept.

New binding definition in the task, and new problems. After defining the binding, when I returned, the element names were replaced with a strange string starting with spaces and ending in a lot of zeros. Very strange.

So I clicked the arrow between the containers and chose "Container to container" instead of "Expression to expression" - and the MRG option (copy all elements excepts system).

<b>Finally the data are passed on to the method!</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

what system are you on?

when u say binding is refreshed.. u mean it gets cleared or it gets set to default?

did u try and compile ur binding before saving ?

PritamKunal
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek

binding gets refreshed mean to say that while saving the task, binding gets cleared..

and what do u mean to say by compile ur binding?

Thanks

Pritam

Former Member
0 Kudos

when u make the binding.. there is compilation button.. lilke the syntax check button.. try to compile ur binding before saving and see if u get any errors... it will not save the binding if u get errors