cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BIA index error, after upgrading to REV 52

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI all ,

Recently we upgraded to Rev 52. In the BIA monitor we got red falg, saying, Check for activity on master index server. In the details it shows list of some cubes. for these cubes, we are unable to index. It shows the fallowing message.

@5C@ Creation of index 'GRQ_BIC:SETVDTIND' terminated. Error text:

@5C@ The index is temporary not available;index=grq_bic

@5C@ :setvdtind 2972

@5C@ Creation of BIA index for InfoCube 'ETVC00001' terminated during activation

We restarted all the server blades also.

Could any one suggest to how to overcome this issue?

Regards,

Balaji.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Balaji,

Is this issue fixed? if yes,please update with correction steps.

Thanks,

Bobby.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Balaji

R u filling indexes in parallel ? Also did u opened any OSS message and got any response from SAP

Regards

Karthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi KK,

Yes, we are doing parallel indexing for theree infocubes in the process chain. We already raised the OSS message to SAP, but they told delete the index for the cube and recreate. Actually , we are getting this error very frequently, so iam looking for permanent solution.

Regards,

Balaji.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check for any stray indexes on BIA in the TREXAdmin Python tool.

Did you delete all the indexes before the upgrade? I know its not mentioned anywhere that you have to delete all the indexes before upgrade but we have come across situations where upgrade/configuration changes would leave orphan indexes on BIA that no longer have any connection to BW. You cannot delete such indexes from BW.

Once you have deleted all the indexes from BW, go the Python tool Index -> Landscape, select all the indexes left out there and delete them manually (right click and delete index).

Hope it works.

former_member93896
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just to clarify, unless it is explicitly mentioned in the SAP release note for a revision it is NOT necessary to delete and rebuild the BW Accelerator indexes.

If there are orphan indexes that you can not delete or that cause problems, please open a customer message so SAP support can have a look and resolve the problem.

Regards,

Marc

SAP NetWeaver RIG

jgleichmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Balaji,

I never had is problem till now after an upgrade but have you tried to reindex after you restarted all blades?

Regards,

Jens

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi , yes,

I tried to index the cubes after the upgradation also. The same error we are getting.

Regards,

Balaji.

Vitaliy-R
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Hki Balaji,

I hope that in parallel to quering the forum you already opened the customer message to SAP Support!

Regard,

-Vitaliy