cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI Technical Content - Statistics

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

If I schedule 'RSTCC_ACTIVATE_ADMIN_COCKPIT' report in background to activate BI Technical content (with Replicate Datasources option checked), in what version will the datasources be replicated by default. Is it in BW 3.x or BI?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

it should be 3.x

Hope it Helps

Chetan

@CP..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Replicate the data sources as 3.x data source.Follow the note 934848 and its suggested to run the report in dialog mode. And before running the report make sure that the inconsistent entries are deleted from the table mentioned in the note 1039381.

If the background job fails use below oss

Note 1040802 - Terminations occur when activating technical Content objects

Hope it Helps

Chetan

@CP..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Chetan,

Just an fyi.. We are on BI. So, even for BI (NW 2004s), the statistics datasources need to be in 3.x?

The sequence i followed:

1. <b>BI</b> -> RSA5 -> BW_TECH -> TCT.

I selected the whole <b>TCT</b> subtree and activated the datasources beneath this.

<b>Result</b>: This TCT and all the datasources benath it now appear in RSA6.

2. RSA1 -> Modeling -> Source Systems -> (Select BI Source System -> Context Menu) Replicated Datasources.

<b>Result</b>: All the BI TCT datasources have been replicated as 3.x datasources.

3. SPRO -> ..... Settings for Technical Content -> Business Intelligence -> BI Admin Cockpit -> Activate Technical Content for BI Admin Cockpit -> (There are check boxes for 'Replicate Datasources -> Force Datasource Replication).

<b>Q1.</b> Since I already replicated the datasources in step 2, why should I check the above 2 boxes in the path mentioned above.

PS: I haven't followed note 1039381 yet.

<b>Q2.</b> I executed 'Activate Technical Content for BI Admin Cockpit' (SPRO) in Dialog mode initially (I checked all options but for 'Only Simulation'). I got 'Timeout' short dump all the times. Then I executed this in background. It runs for around 1200 sec and gets cancelled (Error - 0TCTISOURC_TEXT_CA does not exist).

Could you please respond?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You may also wish to look at this PDF

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/90080703-4331-2a10-cd98-9c1e95ac...

Honestly I have no idea abt the 0TCTISOURC_TEXT_CA datasource,may be you can write to SAP abt it or wait for SAP to reply.

Hope it Helps

Chetan

@CP..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Chetan,

The link is not working.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

<a href="https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/90080703-4331-2a10-cd98-9c1e95acdea0">https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/90080703-4331-2a10-cd98-9c1e95acdea0</a>

It works for me

Hope it Helps

Chetan

@CP..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Chetan,

There are many 0TCT* 3.x datasources that got activated when activating BI Admin cockpit. Do we need all those datasources? How do we identify the ones which are necessary for BI statistics? Do we need to create Transfer Rules manually for all the ones we are interested in (Only some of those 3.x datasources have transfer rules activated by default).

Could you please let me know?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to understand what this means:

1. I executed t-code RSTCO_ADMIN. The report BI_TCO_ACTIVATION ran as a background job and the traffic light in RSTCO_ADMIN is green.

2. I executed t-code RSTCC_INST_BIAC. Then I ran the report RSTCC_ACTIVATE_ADMIN_COCKPIT as a background job. It gets cancelled after running for sometime complaining that one of the transfer structures does not exist.

Since RSTCO_ADMIN returned green light, does that mean the BI Technical content got activated successfully.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Please advise. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

what BI cont are you on

Check below OSS

Note 965386 - Activating the technical content for the BI admin cockpit

Hope it Helps

Chetan

@CP..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Govind,

TX: RSTCO_ADMIN is to install basic Bi objects. TX: RSTCC_INST_BIAC is used to install BI stat's technical content. By running the TX:RSTCO_ADMIN doesnt mean that technical content is installed. Please go through the note 934848 and check whether all specified note are applied in the system.

Hope it helps.

Thanks and Regards,

Srilatha